Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
08-20-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
(08-18-2012 09:51 PM)Lutherj Wrote:  I was thinking a special with its main function being extensive sight could be cool. Basically a tank type unit that could be placed strategically to maximize sight on the board without being able to do damage (or very little)

H- 8/9/10... Basically enough so that killing it would be a huge effort.
S- 3 (as a movement)
A- either 0, or maybe 1 to any unit next to it once the special has been "grounded". Obviously no damage to bases.
Special: the unit can be "grounded" at a place that a player thinks is good (costs a wit to do that), every subsequent turn of the player, the sight of the unit increases by 1 (but not it's movement in the case of it being ungrounded and moved somewhere else).

Maybe when the unit isn't grounded, it's health should be 2 or something. And grounding can only be done the turn after a movement.

I like the idea of something that can extend vision (I more like the idea of something that reduces enemy vision) but anything more than 6 health is gratuitous! Imagine making a 7-cost unit, and hiding it behind your wall of soldiers... The enemy might have to spend more than 7 just to try to take it out! No, I think special units should be squishy, unless there's a really good reason to have them tanky...

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 10:24 AM by connor3491.)
How about a special that starts with 1 attack 1hp and 5 sight...each turn it can self buff. Self buffing gives +1 attack, +1 hp, -1 sight. It can do this up to four times until its 5hp and 5 attack
So it can convert between a runner and a tank
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
(08-20-2012 10:23 AM)connor3491 Wrote:  How about a special that starts with 1 attack 1hp and 5 sight...each turn it can self buff. Self buffing gives +1 attack, +1 hp, -1 sight. It can do this up to four times until its 5hp and 5 attack

I like that idea a bit, but 5 damage is incredible, even at 1 move speed... One shot the enemy base! I can imagine the 2v2 meta would instantly change to Adorables+(whatever has this unit) and you rush a Mobi at their base...
Even if you don't allow it to damage bases, it still 1-shots a boosted Heavy...

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
(08-20-2012 01:12 PM)Jack•Sparrow Wrote:  
(08-20-2012 10:23 AM)connor3491 Wrote:  How about a special that starts with 1 attack 1hp and 5 sight...each turn it can self buff. Self buffing gives +1 attack, +1 hp, -1 sight. It can do this up to four times until its 5hp and 5 attack

I like that idea a bit, but 5 damage is incredible, even at 1 move speed... One shot the enemy base! I can imagine the 2v2 meta would instantly change to Adorables+(whatever has this unit) and you rush a Mobi at their base...
Even if you don't allow it to damage bases, it still 1-shots a boosted Heavy...

I agree, 5 is a lot. This of the wit investment though. 7+4+ whatever it costs to move. It would be crazy with mobi but maybe make it so that it can't be mobi'd
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM

Sounds like morphling from dota2 with his morph ability.
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
(08-20-2012 01:25 PM)connor3491 Wrote:  maybe make it so that it can't be mobi'd

That would probably be difficult to program, and would certainly be a difficult concept for new players to grasp.
I like that, so far at least, there are very few "exception" situations (the only one I can think of is that a unit can move once per turn... UNLESS they've been Mobi'd already)

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2012 10:51 PM by connor3491.)
(08-20-2012 03:25 PM)Jack•Sparrow Wrote:  
(08-20-2012 01:25 PM)connor3491 Wrote:  maybe make it so that it can't be mobi'd

That would probably be difficult to program, and would certainly be a difficult concept for new players to grasp.
I like that, so far at least, there are very few "exception" situations (the only one I can think of is that a unit can move once per turn... UNLESS they've been Mobi'd already)

Yeah you're right. I think there would be a way to prevent it from being too op in 2v2 though. Honestly if you think of the amount of wits it takes to make, buff and move this idea and mobi I do not think it is too powerful
You'd also still have to get a mobi right next to their base for an insta kill. I think this is harder to do than using the mobi sniper combo
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Since that idea is for a new team and not Adorables, in order to Mobi it to the enemy base you would need to play 2v2, be Feedback, capture a Mobi and that unit with a Scrambler, then attack. It would be highly improbable.

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper
08-21-2012, 12:24 AM
(08-20-2012 11:53 PM)SC-FTW Wrote:  Since that idea is for a new team and not Adorables, in order to Mobi it to the enemy base you would need to play 2v2, be Feedback, capture a Mobi and that unit with a Scrambler, then attack. It would be highly improbable.

Or your partner can make the mobi for you Smile. I think you're over complicating it.
08-21-2012, 12:34 AM
(08-21-2012 12:24 AM)swimj Wrote:  
(08-20-2012 11:53 PM)SC-FTW Wrote:  Since that idea is for a new team and not Adorables, in order to Mobi it to the enemy base you would need to play 2v2, be Feedback, capture a Mobi and that unit with a Scrambler, then attack. It would be highly improbable.

Or your partner can make the mobi for you Smile. I think you're over complicating it.

Lol true...Tongue I was thinking along the lines of "if you are playing with some random guy who is not Adorables".

1v1 Gifted
2v2 Clever
Friendly matches if you want!
GC: Riftskipper