Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-15-2012, 09:37 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
(07-15-2012 08:49 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  I like critters for the insect team Big Grin it goes with the "cute" theme IMO. As for undead, I dunno, but it does sound kind of plain.

That is why I chose it Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
(07-13-2012 06:39 AM)xSkeletalx Wrote:  Medieval team!

Runner - Hunting hound
Soldier - Peasant with a pitchfork
Medic - Wizard, complete with pointy hat
Sniper - Robin Hood-like archer, one eye visible under his hood
Heavy - Knight in heavy armor, small helmet but large midsection
Special - Dragon - similar to a soldier's stats but can see over and fly over one enemy occupied hex.

Reposted to add a proper name (had never intended 'Medieval Team' to be a name, just a descriptor). How about Crusaders? I also tried to keep the theme for each of the units, in keeping with Outwitters' traditions.

Current Ranked League Info:
1v1 Master (Promoted 7-24-12)
Total League Wins: 210
07-15-2012, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 06:04 PM by Fluffysox.)
TBH I don't sports teams or holiday teams will suit the outwitters "team style". I judt can't imagine outwitters having anything human.

My opinion.
07-15-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm working on a team at the moment. Sketching up the character designs. Smile
07-16-2012, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 05:00 AM by Mizywill.)
I read through a few pages of this and noted the insect team recommendation and this to me is a must. I mean from my understanding this game was influenced by Starcraft, in which the Zerg are basically insects.

Hopefully we can see this soon and maybe even add some goofy little aliens as an homage to the Protoss. Oh could have your little green, or grey men, as runners and a UFO as a special. This just came to me as I was writing the bug comment so I haven't thought it through completely.
So I got an idea for the Alien special, hopefully this hasn't already been done as I haven't read all 14 pages of postings. Anyway, the special for an Alien class can be a UFO with high range, very limited visibility and can fly over obstacles, kind of a reverse sniper. The special attack will be. That it can "abduct" or remove completely from the game, any one enemy character.

Let me know what you think.
The abducted character has to be in an adjacent save a dthe limited visibility will help even this out, I hope.
07-16-2012, 06:06 AM
If the abduction is too strong you can maybe make it if the UFO is destroyed the last abducted character is returned with only on health where the UFO was.

Also i decided the little alien guy would be the soldier and ay be a little alien dog like Marvin the Martians dog as a runner. Thinking up specs for all characters besides the special is pointless as so far they're all the same.
07-16-2012, 07:30 AM
(07-15-2012 10:36 PM)uaq Wrote:  I'm working on a team at the moment. Sketching up the character designs. Smile

What is it about?
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 03:00 PM by FreakyMan777.)
(07-14-2012 05:40 PM)advakharia95 Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 05:29 PM)ilee97 Wrote:  I might be totally wrong about what i wrote, but this is what i think.
 I think the outwitters makers want to find a creative, easy-to-make, popular teams. 
First, the creativity= basically, how creative the team is (i loved everyones idea, and that is the truth)

Second, easy-to-make= complex or too detailed drawn characters are not outwitters style. The sports team is a good idea, but i cant imagine it actually being in the game; the face, clothes, etc. as for the undead team, i could. Undead team is very original (if you know what i mean) and the maker could easily imagine how the characters for this team could be drawn(made) simply, but creatively.

Third, popularity= the maker would really want to have a team that he made, POPULAR, and to make it popular, the team characters need to be creative, but also visually attracting, and comfortable. The sports team, i said, was a good idea, it was creative. However (sorry for keep using this team as a negative side) it would be uncomfortable to have this team in outwitters because its just... Not really outwitters style. Visuals... I don't know if i would love to see a swimmer in tight clothes all the time, and its kind of into the american culture for the 'heavy'.  Also, i don't think popularity would last for this team if it was in the game Sad. Now for the undead (i personally liked this team^^) it would be comfortable to have it around in outwitters. The team would have its originality, and for the visuals, it would be attractive and easily be thought as outwitters style. It would have a high percentage of having great popularity.

Thanx for those who read this. I hope it was helpful and would help you to think of great teams.

Thanks for giving me 3 thumbs up for the undead team Big Grin how do you feel about the insect team, its not the most creative but I really like the idea, it wouldn't be hard to illustrate, and the special is good. And again, original idea of the insect team goes to freakyman777 and the revised idea is mine (just giving people the credit they deserve) Smile

Aww thanks! Smile

(07-14-2012 06:40 PM)Mowmail Wrote:  Insect could be
Runner: Grasshopper (or spider)
Soldier: Queen Bee (w/ staff)
Medic: Lightning Beetle
Heavy: Centipede
Special: ???

I already thought this up?
07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
(07-11-2012 10:15 AM)Fluffysox Wrote:  Well, the plant team is under development. You had some pretty good ideas there Big Grin

I don't have any ideas for teams, but I hope in the future there can be a team with a special that can modify terrain ( raise and lower walls, make holes and fill them up) That would be a very unique special unit!

I can see that! Even just based on this guy in the attached image     it looks awesome so far! Big Grin
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Got another one... Due to FluffySox suggestion [Smile] I am naming it "Munchies"

Scout-Bread
Soldier-Broccoli
Medic-Milk
Sniper-Grapes
Tank-Steak
Special-???

Like it? No? Comment! Smile