Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
No, just attacks the base once. Way to over powered to be doing 4 damage. Nothing else in the game can even do that much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
How about this: a unit that can place a wall 3 spaces wide. This wall sits there for 2 turns. Any enemy attempting to cross the wall is stopped and takes 1 damage.
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
So the special could potentially sit there and spam the spell? I think it should have a cool down of 1 more of how long the wall last. Also the wall should last 1 turn, as the special would be less useful if it couldn't cast more.
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
That may be too powerful. You can completely block off your base from the opponent which would not be fair. Usually any terrain modifier is hard to balance. There are waaaaayyy too many "this's" and "that's".
07-12-2012, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 04:42 PM by N135.)
The wall can be crossed. I said that there.
The wall stops movement ontop of it upon reaching it. So if you have a runner, he has to stop moving on it first. On the next turn, he can continue.
You can also shoot through it. So snipers are a possible course of action. Itd be less of a wall and more like barbed wire; it slows you down and hurts you.
Actually, it could only last one turn if you really wanted to nerf it. It ends at the end of your enemy's turn.
07-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I really like the cloaking feature of the Undead team. Reminds me of the Mothership in SC2 with the Ghost and it's ability.
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
New special, inspired by the baneling:
A special unit that costs 5 wits, 2 health and 3 speed. Ability is burrow, which then it will act like a landmine. You can choose when to detonate it. When burrowed, it can only see 1 hex around the hex it is buried in. When activating again, unit will explode and do 4 damage to whoever is standing on top of the tile the thing is buried in, and 2/3 damage to enemies 1 hex away.
07-12-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 09:57 PM by Kyoril.)
Thats a lot of damage. It kills everything but boosted heavies on it, and everything but bossted soldiers and heavies to the sides. I think the damage should be roughly the same as the Bombshell.

For the wall unit, I was thinking that it could only make walls out of enemy units. So the special uses the attack on a unit, causing it to become a wall with the same amount of health it had before, and turns back to itself after 2 turns or so. That way it can be destroyed, or you could just wait for it to turn back. Aside from that it should act as a regular wall. It would turn back to a unit on th enemy's turn as well, so that the attack couldn't be spammed on the same unit every two turns.
07-13-2012, 03:28 AM
(07-12-2012 07:19 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  New special, inspired by the baneling:
A special unit that costs 5 wits, 2 health and 3 speed. Ability is burrow, which then it will act like a landmine. You can choose when to detonate it. When burrowed, it can only see 1 hex around the hex it is buried in. When activating again, unit will explode and do 4 damage to whoever is standing on top of the tile the thing is buried in, and 2/3 damage to enemies 1 hex away.

I like this burrow/mine thing.
Wits: 7
Health: 1 (otherwise you could just keep going underground again every turn you popped it up. And with two health, the only way an enemy could kill it would be a soldier and when buffed, only a heavy or sniper could take it out...)
Speed: 4 (high speed so it can lay mines in enemy territory, it's like an offensive bombshell)
Special: burrow/lay mine
Landmine does 3 damage and 1 to surrounding areas.
07-13-2012, 03:30 AM
A baneling in this game would be fun. Really annoying but fun