Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
11-13-2012, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 10:11 PM by joelduque.)
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
(11-13-2012 06:22 PM)2dhh Wrote:  I've just got a brilliant idea for a special unit while thinking in the shower, and I feel that I just HAD to post it here. I didn't read all 18 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this idea has already been thought up.

'The Eye'- passively increases the vision of every friendly unit by 1. When alive for 5 turns, it decreases the vision of every enemy unit by 1. It can move and damage like a runner.

'Hospitax'- heals any friendly unit's health by 1 every turn, costs 1 wit.

The eye - I think it would not help much if it only serves for vision. A special unit has to be either able to inflict damage or give support like the mobi.

Hospitax - Can you clarify when the healing by 1 every turn takes place? Like start or end...? It would really help mid-late to end game, when there will be probably lots of damaged units on the field. Can be wasteful if all units are idling (in full health). How about in 2v2, will it involve the partner's units?

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2012, 03:16 AM
(11-13-2012 06:22 PM)2dhh Wrote:  I've just got a brilliant idea for a special unit while thinking in the shower, and I feel that I just HAD to post it here. I didn't read all 18 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this idea has already been thought up.

'The Eye'- passively increases the vision of every friendly unit by 1. When alive for 5 turns, it decreases the vision of every enemy unit by 1. It can move and damage like a runner.

I had a similar idea, oddly I was also in your shower when it hit me, of a single character who could do continuing damage. I picture a snake , possibly in a reptile team, that has the ability to poison. As long as the snake lives, the poison does an additional point of damage per round. Victim can be healed but poison continues, if snake is alive. If snake dies, victim looses point next round and is than clear of the poison.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-14-2012, 12:45 PM
(11-14-2012 03:16 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  

I had a similar idea, oddly I was also in your shower when it hit me, of a single character who could do continuing damage. I picture a snake , possibly in a reptile team, that has the ability to poison. As long as the snake lives, the poison does an additional point of damage per round. Victim can be healed but poison continues, if snake is alive. If snake dies, victim looses point next round and is than clear of the poison.
Are you sure he wasn't just thinking aloud while you were in his shower? Big Grin
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Ohh just thought of a cool idea. A special unit called Mr. X, has 2 move and 1 health, but can shoot a rail-gun piercing bullet that hits all enemies in a line of range 4 for 2 damage (walls stop the attack). It's incredibly powerful, so it costs 3 to shoot, but you can shoot up to two times every turn. Big Grin

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
11-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Shocked RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
(11-14-2012 12:45 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 03:16 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  

Are you sure he wasn't just thinking aloud while you were in his shower? Big Grin

I won't deny that it's not a possibility.Huh

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I think the Undead and Insect/Critters teams are great ideas, though I would suggest that the Undead need not necessarily be undead. I'm imagining little cartoon devil guys with pitchforks for the soldiers. Then, you could keep the bats, maybe throw in little one eyed demon monsters for the snipers, big lava guys for the heavies. Not sure about the medics... Maybe a little too "scary" or "dark" for Outwitters? Not sure.

My idea is for sort of a jungle/temple theme:

Runner: Monkey
Soldier: Little guy with oversized tiki mask and spear (spear to match the persistent design for other teams' soldiers and fairly cartoony so as not to look too human)
Medic: Shaman (again, wearing a mask or something and cartoony so as not to look too human) <--- not super sure about this one
Sniper: Stone Golem (has a big red eye on it that shoots lasers, again in keeping with existing sniper designs)
Heavy: Gorilla
Special: Golden Idol Statue (moves three spaces, maybe four, cannot attack)
Ideas for Special Behavior:
  • Passive Version: Adjacent friendly units are automatically healed one point at the end of that player's turn. Does not heal the base, obviously. I'm really unsure how useful this unit would be.
  • Active Version: Use a wit to heal multiple units within range one point.
Not really sure how useful a unit like that would be.

Maps would be jungle or temple themed. Think of the opening to Raiders of the Lost Ark. This might be too similar in feel to the Veggienauts maps.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I have not read all teams and special ideas in this thread, however from some that I read I think they are really missing on the point of special units, which is to literally outwit your opponent (referring to the resource wit, not intellectual wit).

This is seen with all 4 specials.

Mobi -- Placed 3 spaces away from the spawn, you are able to teleport a unit in 1 wit, to a position that would have costed two wits. A simple wit gain that your opponent does not have.

Bs -- 3 dmg allows him to kill/injury units effectively. However the +1 dmg on all surrounding units comes free and at a cost of 1 wit to heal. Attacking 1 unit, that has another adjacent to it cost you 1 wit and your opponent two in order to heal not including the other 2 wits which may be needed to move the healers.

Scrambler -- Lets keep it simple and just count unit worth. Stealing a soldier takes away 2 wits from your opponent plus gives you +2 wits. Total 4 wit advantage on your opponent.

Bramble -- A badly placed branch will cost you 1 wit and your opponent 1 wit to kill, breaking even. However a well placed branch will cost 1 to make and 2 to kill (placed in a position where you opponent must move in order to attack it).

Keep in mind I did not analyze any of the specials extremely well.
11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
(11-23-2012 01:29 PM)game_taker Wrote:  I have not read all teams and special ideas in this thread, however from some that I read I think they are really missing on the point of special units, which is to literally outwit your opponent (referring to the resource wit, not intellectual wit).

This is seen with all 4 specials.

Mobi -- Placed 3 spaces away from the spawn, you are able to teleport a unit in 1 wit, to a position that would have costed two wits. A simple wit gain that your opponent does not have.

Bs -- 3 dmg allows him to kill/injury units effectively. However the +1 dmg on all surrounding units comes free and at a cost of 1 wit to heal. Attacking 1 unit, that has another adjacent to it cost you 1 wit and your opponent two in order to heal not including the other 2 wits which may be needed to move the healers.

Scrambler -- Lets keep it simple and just count unit worth. Stealing a soldier takes away 2 wits from your opponent plus gives you +2 wits. Total 4 wit advantage on your opponent.

Bramble -- A badly placed branch will cost you 1 wit and your opponent 1 wit to kill, breaking even. However a well placed branch will cost 1 to make and 2 to kill (placed in a position where you opponent must move in order to attack it).

Keep in mind I did not analyze any of the specials extremely well.

I never even realized that; I feel silly...
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 10:36 AM by BuzzleBee123.)
I have an idea for a team but its kinda weird but anyways here it goes.

The Cloudies

Runner: A cloud in the form of a cartoony object thingy

Soldier: A cloud in cartoony form of a solider

Heavy: A cloud in cartoony for of a heavy

(Lol I'm so descriptive aren't I)

The special unit: just a cloud but I was thinking its special ability would to be able to blow away an enemy by a couples space while also giving damage. Another idea is being able to create a windshield around a certain area blocking it off.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
11-26-2012, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2012 10:45 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(11-26-2012 10:36 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I have an idea for a team but its kinda weird but anyways here it goes.

The Cloudies

Runner: A cloud in the form of a cartoony object thingy

Soldier: A cloud in cartoony form of a solider

Heavy: A cloud in cartoony for of a heavy

(Lol I'm so descriptive aren't I)

The special unit: just a cloud but I was thinking its special ability would to be able to blow away an enemy by a couples space while also giving damage. Another idea is being able to create a windshield around a certain area blocking it off.
Hmm.. Interesting idea for the special. I like it! Nice description for the generic units btw!Tongue oh and you forgot the Medic and Sniper!(A cloud in cartoony form of a Medic and sniper)

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]