Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average
New Teams/Character Ideas
07-12-2012, 02:05 AM
RE: New Teams/Character Ideas
I like the ideas so far Smile I'm thinking because there is a sea race / and a land race x 2. / how about an air race?

Runner: fluffy white clouds
Medic: sun w/sunbeam heal
Soldier: humanoid cloud thing beefy looking
Sniper: lightning bolt throws mini lightning
Heavy : tornado
Special: rain cloud with freezing rain

I have no idea about the balance or the points thought I'd just throw in an idea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 02:37 AM by Kyoril.)
(07-12-2012 01:14 AM)FreakyMan777 Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 09:10 PM)Kyoril Wrote:  Maybe for the disease the unit has say... A 50% chance to lose one health per turn (or maybe once every 2 turns?), but if it lands next to any unit it has a 30% or so chance of infecting that unit. I think it should be curable.

And for the Mosquito; Mosquitos don't have any venom... Perhaps a Wasp? Also, not sure if its important or not, but millipedes are kinda slow. Maybe an Ant?

This is AMAZING! Smile I like it a lot! Lmao Mosquitos carry malaria, river fever, and ect.... Just not in the U.S.... But who cares? Smile Anything goes in game world! Smile
Thanks Smile Its still not venom though; Its a disease they can spread.

(07-12-2012 02:05 AM)Samsonbeta Wrote:  I like the ideas so far Smile I'm thinking because there is a sea race / and a land race x 2. / how about an air race?

I have no idea about the balance or the points thought I'd just throw in an idea

I think maybe the Soldier should get changed; it doesn't really fit with the others too well. Maybe the special could freeze its target for a turn? If it turned them into wall-like objects, that would solve the terrain changer as well...
07-12-2012, 04:07 AM
I'm still waiting for my TTL arrow team.

http://onemanleft.com/2011/11/when-worlds-collide/

As for the bug team, maybe the mosquito could have life steal. Like, it hurts an enemy to heal a teamate.
07-12-2012, 05:11 AM
The one thing with the undead team that would be awkward to impliment would be the ghost making itself/team members invisible. If a opponent tries to move onto an invisible/hidden character, this wouldn't work or have to use an awkward notification thing.

What I would suggest rather would that the ghosts ability would allow it's own to shroud the identity of adjacent units. The opposing player would know that there is a unit there, however he wouldn't know what type of unit it was until adjacent.
07-12-2012, 06:06 AM
(07-12-2012 05:11 AM)XorKaya Wrote:  The one thing with the undead team that would be awkward to impliment would be the ghost making itself/team members invisible. If a opponent tries to move onto an invisible/hidden character, this wouldn't work or have to use an awkward notification thing.

What I would suggest rather would that the ghosts ability would allow it's own to shroud the identity of adjacent units. The opposing player would know that there is a unit there, however he wouldn't know what type of unit it was until adjacent.

That's a good point, and I have to say, your idea sounds great, but it would almost immediately be revealed once it moved, unless you decided to move everything 2 spaces. The moving units could also just be stopped before hitting the hidden unit.
07-12-2012, 06:13 AM
(07-12-2012 02:05 AM)Samsonbeta Wrote:  I like the ideas so far Smile I'm thinking because there is a sea race / and a land race x 2. / how about an air race?

Soldier should be a star.
07-12-2012, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 07:44 AM by advakharia95.)
(07-11-2012 09:10 PM)Kyoril Wrote:  Maybe for the disease the unit has say... A 50% chance to lose one health per turn (or maybe once every 2 turns?), but if it lands next to any unit it has a 30% or so chance of infecting that unit. I think it should be curable.

And for the Mosquito; Mosquitos don't have any venom... Perhaps a Wasp? Also, not sure if its important or not, but millipedes are kinda slow. Maybe an Ant?
I personally do not like the idea of the 50% chance thing. This ruins the whole point strategy part of the game and bases it on luck... That would not appropriate. Also, damaging once every two turns AND being curable seems too much. That would make the special way underpowered.
But anyways, new insect team:
Insect Team
Runner: Cockroach
Soldier: Ant
Medic: Queen Bee
Sniper: Dung Beetle (throws dung)
A special that pushes back enemy units is too powerful. First of all, it makes it hard for the enemy to hold his own ground without being pushed back. Also, because the enemy is pushed back, you can storm with all your troops without much concern. That's why I did not like the dung beetle as a special, but I still wanted to include it in the team because it was a cool unit and fit the sniper role perfectly.
Heavy: Rhinoceros Beetle
Special: Mosquito
H:2
S:2
D:N/A
Ability: Disease (Diseases enemy unit. Unit that is diseased loses 1hp per turn. This disease damage occurs at the END of YOUR turn. Reason for that is so the unit can still block your movement for at least one extra turn till it dies, therefore, it is more balancing. Diseased unit can be healed but the disease effect still remains.)
(07-12-2012 06:06 AM)Kyoril Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:11 AM)XorKaya Wrote:  The one thing with the undead team that would be awkward to impliment would be the ghost making itself/team members invisible. If a opponent tries to move onto an invisible/hidden character, this wouldn't work or have to use an awkward notification thing.

That's a good point, and I have to say, your idea sounds great, but it would almost immediately be revealed once it moved, unless you decided to move everything 2 spaces. The moving units could also just be stopped before hitting the hidden unit.

I like this idea. You can send your unit as far as it could travel... But it would get blocked if the invisible teammate was in the way. And of course, the invisibility would wear off.
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
(07-11-2012 09:42 AM)advakharia95 Wrote:  This thread is specifically for the suggestions of new character ideas or full teams. I know we already have a suggestions thread but I wanted one specifically for this topic.

I already have an idea for a full team.
Undead Team
Runner: Bat or Vampire Bat (The vampire bat would be a vampire but when s/he starts to fly, it turns into a bat, and then back to vampire once landed. Or to keep it simple, just a bat all the time.)
Soldier: Skeleton
Medic: Mummy (The mummy would wrap and then unwrap the unit being healed with mummy tape!)
Sniper: Lich (A lich is an undead magician who usually holds a staff to cast spells... for those of you who do not know.)
Heavy: Zombie
Special: Ghost
---Health: 1 (or two?)
---Moves: 3
---Special: Invisible Cloak (Makes any adjacent teammate invisible for two turns. {I said two because it usually takes that many turns to get into enemy territory}. The teammate loses invisibility if it attacks or stands adjacent to enemy unit.)

Anyone like the idea?
And of course, post your own suggestions, single units or full teams!!! I know I want to read some and I'm sure the awesome developers do too!

I really like this idea! Hope someone at OML will listen to u!
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Um, just a suggestion, but instead of the ideas for disease so far, I think there should be a disease that mainly does 3 things:

1. It does 1 damage per turn to infected units
2. It can spread from an infected unit to any adjacent unit. (at the end of the turn, when damage is done, it spreads)
3. It's cureable by medics. Also possibly medics cannot get it? Otherwise a medic would move in to heal and become infected.

These ideas are largely stolen from the plague from uniwar.
07-12-2012, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 09:05 AM by advakharia95.)
Thanks Gino Smile I really wish they would read this entire thread, everyone in here has some great ideas, not just me.
It would be awesome if they actually contacted me directly to ask for ideas on this cuz I got tons Smile I'd definitely do it and how cool would it be to have your name in the credits!?
(07-12-2012 09:01 AM)N135 Wrote:  Um, just a suggestion, but instead of the ideas for disease so far, I think there should be a disease that mainly does 3 things:

1. It does 1 damage per turn to infected units
2. It can spread from an infected unit to any adjacent unit. (at the end of the turn, when damage is done, it spreads)
3. It's cureable by medics. Also possibly medics cannot get it? Otherwise a medic would move in to heal and become infected.

These ideas are largely stolen from the plague from uniwar.
There would be one slight problem with that. The special unit is pretty much useless after infecting one thing if the infection just spreads by itself. With the idea of the special having to infect each unit individually, it becomes much more tactical and does not become overpowered.