Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
10-08-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
It's very interesting to see how subjective the efficiency of a trade can be. Smile I personnaly think that, in this case, killing the medic was really unefficient, because as trutchy said alvendor didn't even plan to use it, and it provoked the thought process I described in my commentary. But sharugames couldn't know it, so, we can't say it's an error from him. ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 03:21 PM by Torbreck.)
(10-05-2013 10:41 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(09-29-2013 08:55 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  
(09-21-2013 02:30 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
Round 1: Long Nine

Then, Torbreck did an incredible mistake that costed him the whole game. When he finished his turn 17, he had three wits left. Three was the perfect amount, a perfect amount that he didn't even use! What could he have done? He could have moved his medic and healed the heavy, (This way, alvendor wouldn't be able to reach the base with his heavy, so he couldn't directly win next turn) and saved up the remaining wit, in order, next turn, to have 8 wits and be able to make a mobisnipe-soldier combo to kill the unprotected base, and win the game. Always think twice before sending your turn guys![/i]

You are right of course - with the benefit of no fog and a replay it looks silly not using the medic......... but I think you have missed one crucial point. It was not so much a mistake, but a 50/50 call that I got wrong.

I knew he had another soldier somewhere out of view at the top. I had to decide whether he did what he did or instead (what I incorrectly thought) was that he had the soldier sitting just out of sight just in front of his sniper near his base.

If that was the case then on his next turn he could move that soldier down and also spawn another one to block two hexes against his base meaning that I could not use the 2 soldiers to win in 1 turn and would have to spawn-tele a sniper - at a minimum this would cost 8 wits to so I had to save at least 1 which meant I could not use the medic to heal the heavy.

Sometimes things fall your way... sometimes they don't Smile

Well, you would still have one wit left if you moved the medic and healed the heavy, that's what I said in my comment Smile
Ah yes , my bad - you are right I stand corrected !!

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
10-09-2013, 03:33 AM
(10-08-2013 10:29 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  
(10-05-2013 10:41 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(09-29-2013 08:55 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  
(09-21-2013 02:30 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
Round 1: Long Nine

Then, Torbreck did an incredible mistake that costed him the whole game. When he finished his turn 17, he had three wits left. Three was the perfect amount, a perfect amount that he didn't even use! What could he have done? He could have moved his medic and healed the heavy, (This way, alvendor wouldn't be able to reach the base with his heavy, so he couldn't directly win next turn) and saved up the remaining wit, in order, next turn, to have 8 wits and be able to make a mobisnipe-soldier combo to kill the unprotected base, and win the game. Always think twice before sending your turn guys![/i]

You are right of course - with the benefit of no fog and a replay it looks silly not using the medic......... but I think you have missed one crucial point. It was not so much a mistake, but a 50/50 call that I got wrong.

I knew he had another soldier somewhere out of view at the top. I had to decide whether he did what he did or instead (what I incorrectly thought) was that he had the soldier sitting just out of sight just in front of his sniper near his base.

If that was the case then on his next turn he could move that soldier down and also spawn another one to block two hexes against his base meaning that I could not use the 2 soldiers to win in 1 turn and would have to spawn-tele a sniper - at a minimum this would cost 8 wits to so I had to save at least 1 which meant I could not use the medic to heal the heavy.

Sometimes things fall your way... sometimes they don't Smile

Well, you would still have one wit left if you moved the medic and healed the heavy, that's what I said in my comment Smile
Are yes - you are right I stand corrected !!

I bet you sit when you play Outwitters Big Grin

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-10-2013, 12:02 PM
(10-08-2013 09:20 AM)L3R4T Wrote:  If you kill the medic and trade your attacking unit, you know that you won't be the early agressor in the game. So you have to delayed the maximum you can, the time when you will put your units in range of the oppenent (he did it too quickly, turn 6, the place of the soldier near the hole is a big mistake, you cannot put your unit in a such position if you won't be the agressor) And try to maximise the benefits of your own medic boosting all your units.

I agree with this 100%. No problem killing the medic if you can position yourself away from a potential rush for enough turns to build up your numbers.
10-11-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 02:17 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
I'd like to point out that if you take their medic or in general they aren't buffing, then I sometimes feel free to create a runner and use the extra wits for something else.

A runner against 4 hp soldiers isn't so useful, but a runner against 3 is often just as useful or more so than a soldier depending on the situation, because of it's range.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Is it possible to merge the 2 topics on the tournament or this post is falling to the second page?

Thank you
10-16-2013, 11:44 PM
What do you mean by merging? I can't put all the commentaries on the first post of the main thread, because that would take much more room than what is allowed Smile The best would be to put this one in the important thread since it's a kind of archive. ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Is it right that a post isn`t updated (shown in first place again) when you edit one of your older posts? If it`s like that could you please post a short note, that you added new commentary so that we don`t have to look if the old posts may be updated? Or am I wrong about the update process?

Thx, Mag!c!
10-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Yeah you are right, only a new post can make its topic shown in first place. So, yeah, I will post when I update the commentaries. Rolleyes

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-20-2013, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2013 09:38 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Added some commentaries, notified by a *new* ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)