Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
10-26-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 09:27 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 1 - The Games - Come discuss about them!
I added some commentaries, notified this time by a *new* Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2013, 05:12 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgM2p-woM
GG LER4T!
10-28-2013, 08:27 AM
I didn't mange to find a solution to kill the BS, GG !
10-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Really nice replay, thanks for sharing.
10-29-2013, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 08:55 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
(09-21-2013 02:30 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Round 3: Sharkfood Island

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CAgOzV0AgM

What a crazy game! Awpertunity goes for a super early scrambler, but he doesn't use it. Cor, on the contrary, masses soldiers, and get the offensive position pretty quickly, awpertunity not having the possibility to counter, because he spent his wits in a scrambler that is in a defensive position. Afterwards, he spawns a second one, because he knows cor is gonna attack, he comes way too near! I have rarely seen someone having a whole line of soldier this near of the opponent on SFI that quickly, but cor did it. He did it slowly and efficiently enough so that he didn't have to fear any mighty counter. Even if it doesn't seem so only by watching, it's very well done!
Turn 17 is absolutely outstanding. Cor planed everything he had to. He had exactly the amount of wits required to do what he wanted to, each units he had has been used, he dealt incredible damage. If you struggle to win your battles on maps like SFI which consist in army massing, and don't understand how to overwhelm your opponent, take this replay as an example and analyze it a lot. Destroying as many units as possible in one turn is the key. You need to aim for this kind of attack when you play in ladder, saving up wits, positonning your units so that they reach your opponent (without coming too near and being destroyed), and going for the all-kill. After this attack, awpertunity lost 4 soldiers, 1 runner and 1 medic. At this part of the game (turn 18), this is tremendous.
Awpertunity manages to defend at the top, and tries a kind of all in, since cor has his base completely unprotected. But he didn't predict what cor could have responded to this, and he really better had saved his scrambler (the one at the left) by moving his heavy to the left.
Cor's answer is perfect. But awpertunity defends almost perfectly aswell, and he finally manages to counter cor's push! Kudos to him, it was not easy at all!
Then, both players build their army again, no one having a real unit advantage upon the other. It it now the turn of awpertunity to prepare, and make, an awesome attack! But scrambling a scrambler is so wit efficient, that cor manages to defend well enough. (kudos to him aswell)
Awpertunity tries to force the win, but he doesn't have enough, and is obliged to move back. Once again, both opponents rebuild their troops, awpertunity still beign on an offensive position.
Turn 59, the clash happens again. But this time, the strategy is different; Cor didn't mean to deal as many damages as possible. He did this tiny attack to encourage awpertunity to make his huge attack. It was risky, because if the attack was bigger than expected, cor would have lost. But he was confident with his two scramblers, and waited for the attack to come.
And baaaam, turn 62 is a slaughter. Cor's strategy totally paid off. Awpertunity lost from this poin of the match, cor has too many units.
A big GG to both player, an exciting game and some serious skills shown! Smile

Actually, on that first push, I did not respond perfectly. I believe if I had placed my runner where I had killed his soldier, next to the heavy, then the following turn I would have been in a much better position and might have won it right there.

I would also like to point out Turn 21. I was afraid of him pushing outright and winning. In fact, I think I figured if he went for it, I would lose...unless I spawned a scrambler. So anticipating that he was going to push outright, I purposely did not spawn a unit on Turn 21, even though it might have seemed strange on a one-spawn map not to do. That way, I could save enough wits to get a scrambler in position anticipating him pushing for a win. He did not push for a win, so it was a moot point, but I actually agonized over that turn for a bit.

(09-21-2013 03:45 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CAgMqlmggM

That was a blitz game! The strategy of cor was very powerful, this early bombshell would have dealt so many damages if his daddy hadn't rushed! Indeed, on this map, you have to get a sniper or any kind of special (except bramble) ASAP. The space there is so narrow that the splash damage of the bs, the teleportation of the mobi or the incredible threatening power of the scrambler are hyper mighty.
What is discutable is his daddy's reaction when he saw cor had an early bs. He all ined, he acted as against alvendor on glitch, but this time it couldn't work, because he really attacked with almost nothing. After such a suicidal strategy, cor could only win. ^^
Indeed, his daddy was in a tough position because cor got his bs sooner, but reatreating and, the next turn, getting himself a bs, was the best to do. Try this in your league games guys, you will be impressed how an early special is powerful on skull duggery!

I'd also like to point out that His_Daddy's push was not really suicidal. If he had put his runner one hex to the right, he would have been able to take out my BS, which would have put me in a tougher situation.

And, if he had taken my wit space instead of my runner on the spawn in his push (although he didn't see my BS until he took my runner on the bottom spawn...so I'm not sure if he knew I had a BS up there by intuition or not), I would have not had enough wits to defend I think. I would have been forced to give him my wit space, he would have three runners alive, so the following turn he could have taken my BS at least, and have the option of hitting the base to 1, or retreating and getting up his BS.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-29-2013, 12:39 PM
turns out there is only one queen, GG Alan!
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 12:58 PM by Alan Klaus.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgOPMhgoM
GG His_Daddy! I took a poor gamble to try and end it quickly with a scrambler and almost lost the huge advantage I had at that point.

It turns out that one game with pharmafan actually was pivotal.
10-29-2013, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 07:27 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Wow, GG alan!

Now I feel bad for that time out story, you could have been equal with pharmafan if you won .. Well, he would still be a king, and you are a queen, that's not bad. Big Grin

@cor: you are absolutely right, but I can't go that deeper when commenting the games, because I myself didn't play them and there are many of them in this thread. This is why I need you guys to complete my comments if important things are missing, as cor has done here. Thanks a lot, very interesting!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]