Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous General Discussion
09-27-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous Alpha/Beta Discussion
(09-27-2013 06:07 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-27-2013 04:54 AM).Memories. Wrote:  For beta, do you guys see when someone adds a new device / OS? I was previously ineligible before with iOS 5.1.1, but recently upgraded to a 5s with iOS 7.

yep we get notified. If your'e still in the player pool we'll see your latest devices as well.

Excellent - thanks!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Did you see me!
09-27-2013, 08:03 AM
(09-27-2013 04:43 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(09-26-2013 11:45 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Since this is meant to be an open discussion thread (and I'm not in the beta), I'd like to know which game modes are planned to be available upon release of Tilt to Live 2. I not only ask this out of my own curiosity but also in regards to the possibility of another Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament right with the release of the game.

Classic and Code Red will be ready for launch.

Hmm, not much of an Allstar feeling with just the two game modes. I guess I'll call it a Launch Tournament, use a different ranking scheme and go with that.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks like it was a lot of fun last time Kamikaze. Can't wait for this one =)

How were you able to see scores from only after a specific date though? What if a player couldn't beat a score they had from before the tournament? Is there a way to see their lower scores which they got since the start of the tournament? I know TtL 2 isn't done, but I'm not sure that matters as far as GC leaderboard functionality goes. At the moment through GC I can only see the date a player got their top score.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-28-2013, 09:08 AM
(09-28-2013 08:33 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Looks like it was a lot of fun last time Kamikaze. Can't wait for this one =)

How were you able to see scores from only after a specific date though? What if a player couldn't beat a score they had from before the tournament? Is there a way to see their lower scores which they got since the start of the tournament? I know TtL 2 isn't done, but I'm not sure that matters as far as GC leaderboard functionality goes. At the moment through GC I can only see the date a player got their top score.

Well, I had to get clever for that Smile while there is no "best score since <date>", there is the "best score of the last week". Using that view, I updated a text file and the post on a semi-regular basis. If someone made a great score in week 2 my text file (and the post) still contained this score even after it disappeared from the weekly highscores. Admittedly, it was a lot of manual labor but the feedback has been very positive so the TtL2 Launch Tournament is definitely happening.
For a Tilt to Live 2 Launch Tournament it would actually be a lot easier since I can just look at the all-time highscores. But I'll do something clever with Classic and Code Red scores to produce a unified and interesting ranking.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
09-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Ah I see. Do you have anything in mind on how to combine them? It seems like with just 2 scores there isn't much you could do to expand the tournament unless you want to have X rounds (1 per week so you can see the scores for each week). You could use the same scoring system as you did for the TtL 1 tournament but just have X scores for Classic and Code Red instead of 5 scores from completely separate game modes. Of course if you have something more creative then go for it! Interested to see what you come up with.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
09-28-2013, 05:26 PM
(09-28-2013 10:29 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Ah I see. Do you have anything in mind on how to combine them? It seems like with just 2 scores there isn't much you could do to expand the tournament unless you want to have X rounds (1 per week so you can see the scores for each week). You could use the same scoring system as you did for the TtL 1 tournament but just have X scores for Classic and Code Red instead of 5 scores from completely separate game modes. Of course if you have something more creative then go for it! Interested to see what you come up with.

Not to derange the thread entirely but here's my current thinking:
While a model with multiple 1-week rounds has its appeals, I would like to stay with the 4 weeks "try to beat the other scores" system. It allows for a more relaxed gameplay and as far as the feedback goes, most were quite satisfied with trying to climb to the top.
Next, as I said earlier, I want a ranking that is based equally on Classic and Code Red - a Tournament should be demanding. So here's what I'd like to do:
  • Classic and Code Red are still scored and ranked individually as a starting point, just like before.
  • Then all Classic and Code Red scores are scaled down so that the highest score is converted to some arbitrarily chosen number N (I haven't chosen this number arbitrarily yet). All lower scores are scaled down similarly. So if you scored 85% of the highes score you get 85% of N in your overall score.
  • Both scaled scores for Classic and Code Red are then added together and form the final overall ranking. If you happen to hold both the Classic and Code Red high score you'd have an overall score of 2*N of course.
The problem I'm trying to solve here is that Classic and Code Red scores in and of themselves are not directly comparable (I assume) but I'd still like them to contribute in equal amounts to the final ranking. I am concerned however that this scoring method is too complicated and incomprehensible. Plan B is to use the Allstar ranking again even though it's kind of boring with only 2 disciplines.

And now back to topic: what are those tricks I've been hearing so much about lately? To quote a certain Dalek philosopher: "EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!"

09-28-2013, 11:14 PM
There is a new metric too in games and also, of course, how long one survived. Although I don't know whether one can see these metrics in GC...

-Don't play big maps against bernaferrari if your ego is important to you.

-Don't play any maps against Josecuervo if your ego is important to you.
09-29-2013, 05:48 AM
(09-28-2013 11:14 PM)Wiesnhendl Wrote:  There is a new metric too in games and also, of course, how long one survived. Although I don't know whether one can see these metrics in GC...

are you referring to the records tab on the main menu? All of those are tracked by GC as well.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
09-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Just out of curiosity, did the beta phase started? Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]