Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Heavies to 4 Damage
04-19-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Heavies to 4 Damage
maybe heavies should go AOE damage similar to a bombshell or like a chain lightning where it does 3 then 2 to an adjacent enemy then 1. This idea behind this is that playing against Scallies or ever just other match ups games can get very turtly. looking at the replay you showed me that had to be the worst game ever. everyone just built twenty guys and waited, and the person who tried to push across the middle lost, due to the wit disadvantage of moving across the map. The chain lightning idea of a slow heavy would discourage camping and blobbing units, and then the heavy would have a better place i believe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 01:11 AM
(04-19-2014 12:59 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  maybe heavies should go AOE damage similar to a bombshell or like a chain lightning where it does 3 then 2 to an adjacent enemy then 1. This idea behind this is that playing against Scallies or ever just other match ups games can get very turtly. looking at the replay you showed me that had to be the worst game ever. everyone just built twenty guys and waited, and the person who tried to push across the middle lost, due to the wit disadvantage of moving across the map. The chain lightning idea of a slow heavy would discourage camping and blobbing units, and then the heavy would have a better place i believe

It was the worst game ever? I really don't understand your logic. The reason I lost was because it was wit inefficient to kill his heavies, not because of my push.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
04-19-2014, 01:40 AM
I agree with chemoeum, the dynamics of a heavy are exactly the way heavys work in a million other games and such; they are strong, but they are slow. Adding anything more would make them OP. I think the main beef people have with heavys is they are wit inefficient. Dropping them to 3 wits would remedy that a bit, but I don't see any way without changing the basis of how outwitters non-special units should work.

It's pronounced Juh-lack-tus
Arranged Doubles: Master League with HOR$EPOWER
Singles: Gifted League
Random Doubles: Clever
04-19-2014, 02:53 AM
(04-18-2014 10:44 PM)Extreme Ghost Wrote:  
(04-18-2014 08:29 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Would be interesting to see how it would work out if heavy's movement got bumped to 3 tiles. Do you think it would be overpowered so no soldiers are used anymore?
In theory:
Only heavies would beat only soldiers.
Mix of heavies and soldiers would beat only heavies.

I don't think that's practical without tweaking snipers and other units as well
It's not just heavies vs soldiers
If heavies could move 3 there would be no need to spawn anything other than soldiers&heavies
An early rush of 5hp heavies & 4hp soldiers both able to get into range to attack any unit other than runners and both needing 2-3 units to take them out would just be too powerful IMO

Yeah it would affect the balance of all the other units but I think all will still be needed. Runners for vision and mobility, snipers for guarding spaces and hitting enemies without the need to be next to them...

Lowering the cost of heavy would make it be used more, but it would favor turtling as the defender spend much less moving it.

Soldier spam FTW
04-19-2014, 04:54 AM
It was the worst game ever because fourth units were bought with no attacks, I hate those types of games heavies with chain attacks might be good it would be a counter to turtling but would still be wit inefficient to armies that spread out
04-19-2014, 05:01 AM
Just because you hate those types of games does not make it the worst game ever.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
04-19-2014, 05:35 AM
(04-19-2014 04:54 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  It was the worst game ever because fourth units were bought with no attacks, I hate those types of games heavies with chain attacks might be good it would be a counter to turtling but would still be wit inefficient to armies that spread out

Those are how a lot of games tend to be where neither side takes a risk.

[Image: sig.png]
04-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Look but maybe this would make turtling less rewarding and safe
04-19-2014, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 09:30 AM by Extreme Ghost.)
Lol make units lose 1hp every 3 rounds that will stop turtle battles will call it zombie mode! This will make those useless heavies have a purpose Tongue

Or better yet will call it sudden death and it will kick in after 50 turns Big Grin

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-19-2014, 10:17 AM
(04-19-2014 07:50 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  Look but maybe this would make turtling less rewarding and safe

I don't think that just because a lot of people don't like turtling, it should be punished. Besides, there is a limit to turtling. If you don't want to be turtled against, just make an effective attack beforehand.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7