Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Heavies to 4 Damage
04-18-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: Heavies to 4 Damage
I like the idea of heavies getting to move agin if thay kill something that is!
Example move 2 spaces kill an un-boosted soldier then move up to 2 spaces agin if you want and have the wits to do so (not attack agin) this wouldn't fix the cost of how wit ineffective it is to make the cross a map but it would cut the turns required to in half(if thay kill things along the way that is)
Making then still a pretty useless unit to send out on a rush/attack

But it could help highlight what there good at which is defending

You could attack a unit who's going for ur base then move back next to ur base to guard it

I would also like to recommend this idea which is a spin off of the above
Instead of getting to move agin every time the heavy gets a kill/dose dmg it gets healed by 2 (health can not surpass 5) this would force opponents to Finnish off the heavy in one strike over pecking away at it with vines or runners or a 4hp soldiers and would let heavys rush vs snipers to some degree as long as thay can get a kill it would also allow heavies to buff them selfs to 5 hp when thay get a kill making them a tad more wit effective if you can wait

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Here's an example of heavies in a turtling match.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgrS69gsM

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
(04-18-2014 11:32 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Here's an example of heavies in a turtling match.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgrS69gsM

I was coming to this thread to post exactly that replay. amoffett is an ST by the way.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
04-18-2014, 12:11 PM
(04-18-2014 10:38 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(04-18-2014 09:37 AM)boyxoneder Wrote:  if you spawn a heavy odds are you are bad

This is the problem I have with this statement. I don't like saying that heavies aren't worth it in all situations. Turtling games have uses for heavies (this glitch game I'm playing with amoffett right now...

The point is, it's the same thing as saying veggienauts are bad because barely anyone plays them. Think about this. The veggienauts came in pretty late. Scallies, feedback, and adorables had been used since the beginning. Just because it's hard to find strategies to use them effectively does not mean that they're completely useless. Similarly, for heavies, just because the meta right now is soldiers and more soldiers doesn't mean that heavies are completely useless.

I agree with this. I will spawn a heavy on sweet tooth or glitch if I am in a standoff. That 5 hp unit can really ruin your opponents plan. Also if I am playing veggies I might spawn a couple heavies during the game.

04-18-2014, 12:48 PM
(04-18-2014 12:01 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(04-18-2014 11:32 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Here's an example of heavies in a turtling match.

I was coming to this thread to post exactly that replay. amoffett is an ST by the way.

And I'm not? >.>. But yeah, you can see this was a league match vs 30-40~th ranked players.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
(04-18-2014 12:48 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(04-18-2014 12:01 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  

And I'm not? >.>. But yeah, you can see this was a league match vs 30-40~th ranked players.

My point was that amoffett was an ST and he spawned a heavy. As far as I can see you didn't spawn a heavy. So whatever your rank is is irrelevant to the discussion. No offense intended.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

04-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Right. My point is, in a high level match, the difference in those few extra wits spent for 5 hp made the difference.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
04-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Would be interesting to see how it would work out if heavy's movement got bumped to 3 tiles. Do you think it would be overpowered so no soldiers are used anymore?
In theory:
Only heavies would beat only soldiers.
Mix of heavies and soldiers would beat only heavies.

Soldier spam FTW
04-18-2014, 10:44 PM
(04-18-2014 08:29 PM)Alvendor Wrote:  Would be interesting to see how it would work out if heavy's movement got bumped to 3 tiles. Do you think it would be overpowered so no soldiers are used anymore?
In theory:
Only heavies would beat only soldiers.
Mix of heavies and soldiers would beat only heavies.

I don't think that's practical without tweaking snipers and other units as well

It's not just heavies vs soldiers

If heavies could move 3 there would be no need to spawn anything other than soldiers&heavies

An early rush of 5hp heavies & 4hp soldiers both able to get into range to attack any unit other than runners and both needing 2-3 units to take them out would just be too powerful IMO

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Heavies are technically defensive units, so I don't think any change would be required. They are heavy. They are strong and slow. Like anyone carrying a heavy object. And they are already good at defending bases, except when they are killed, which is pretty hard to do when they are boosted.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!