Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Petshop Tournament - ALMOST CHAMPIONSHIP
11-20-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: The Petshop Tournament - ALMOST CHAMPIONSHIP
That's because in the cross-match setup, one of the games had to be discarded. Because there were two games finished at the point where i came up with the system, Griffin was matched against Chas3r, and you against Sky.

I agree that it's a bit arbitrary to make these matchups afterwards, so there's basically three options:

1) We continue the matches as declared before (almost-final between Memories and iNoSky);
2) We replay the semi-finals with preset "matches";
3) Endless flood of three-way games.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:33 AM by Chemoeum.)
(11-20-2013 06:24 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  That's because in the cross-match setup, one of the games had to be discarded. Because there were two games finished at the point where i came up with the system, Griffin was matched against Chas3r, and you against Sky.

I agree that it's a bit arbitrary to make these matchups afterwards, so there's basically three options:

1) We continue the matches as declared before (almost-final between Memories and iNoSky);
2) We replay the semi-finals with preset "matches";
3) Endless flood of three-way games.

So cross op.1 out because clearly it makes no fair match since the three 2v2 winners are equal. And we can't undo the matches everyone put a lot of work into, so cross out op.2.

Unless you guys want to bring Chas3r back into the game, we can do op.2. Op.3 is a weird option, now that I think about it. So, want Chas3r back into the game and redo the semifinals (Chas3r, you can vote too, just so you know) ? The matches can redetermine the only 2v2 you'll do.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-20-2013, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:36 AM by .Memories..)
I don't really care, but I don't think we should just discard a game - especially one where iNoSky and myself worked really hard to win. I agree that this might have made sense before starting the 2v2s, but it doesn't now lol.

I'd be more happy with us three being on equal footing, then move forward from there.

*edit: I know you're the moderator here.. But I think 1v1s to decide a winner would be better. The 2v2 thing is fun, but it doesn't really make sense to be a "final" in a tournament with only one winner.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-20-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 06:38 AM by Chemoeum.)
Okay, longest game gets discarded.

Ding.

We'll discard the one we originally discarded. So that means we go forth. Griffin, you are still the finalist. .Memories. and Sky, you are still the almost-finalists.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Lol okay..

So original rules on Foundry? Wits then mobi then go?

11-20-2013, 06:43 AM
(11-20-2013 06:39 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Lol okay..

So original rules on Foundry? Wits then mobi then go?

Yup.

I eliminated the longest 2v2 because it is considered to be the battle that finished last. Last place never makes it in.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-01-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 05:41 PM by iNoSky.)
I can't work out why you feel you must discard a game, 'cause you didn't get the results you wanted Tongue
The results you got was 3 qualifiers.
To make 3 into 1 without giving out an advantage
VS123
>1-••
>2•-•
>3••-
This makes 3 =4 and it's even again so you can half it and have two finalist (if you get the results you didn't want again) or leaves us with a champion
3players (2players) 4games (5games) 9points< 3 (10points< 2) max4 (max5)

If you loose first (quickest) in chess then I'd consider that person last (slowest)
If this wasn't a strategy game then I'd agree

Just my thoughts on the subject , please ignore if you wish

iNoSky/iNoAce2
12-02-2013, 06:05 AM
So Sky, these were Gf!sh's ideas. If I discard the slowest game, Chas3r was still eliminated, and Griffin is already winning. At that very case, we need one more battle where you and Memories can decide who gets to play the final battle with Griffin.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Yeah I haven't started this yet.. Will do soon.

12-04-2013, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 05:03 AM by iNoSky.)
.Memories you can play the final battle, we will finish the friendly off tho Smile
Good Luck in the final.

A message to someone! It reads as follows
I could except the forced 2v2 (reluctantly) and even you disregarding the best game all the torny players had.
But this choice of map *Foundry! Completely bothers me, and since you can't lose I will take forfeit myself gonna be disqualified anyway as this map surly can't be accepted by the rules of this tournament.

iNoSky/iNoAce2