Make outwitters 2!
I don't care
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters 2!
11-15-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Outwitters 2!
Poll is flawed ... give me more options ...

I would like to see Outwitters updated instead of a new Outwitters 2 ... [/u]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 07:40 AM
(11-15-2013 05:37 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  About 5,500. But that's with zero promotion.
Its in the Best New Games section

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 09:30 AM by CombatEX.)
(11-15-2013 02:18 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Less predictability and turtling are goals I'm messing with.

EDIT: Actually I had more to say so I just made a new thread.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-01-2013, 06:35 AM
One thing that should definitely appear is less cartoony characters. I tried to persuade my friend to play but he looked at the pictures and thought the game looked stupid. He didn't even download it to give it a try. I think many people are probably being convinced not to play because of the graphics of the game. This needs to be improved.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
12-01-2013, 06:48 AM
(11-15-2013 02:18 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  Husky only says this because he does not know.

I've been goofing around with Outwitters 2 ideas in my spare time (we don't know what will happen after today's TtL2 launch), and the new gameplay tweaks are already way more interesting than more of the same. Less predictability and turtling are goals I'm messing with. If it ever gets to the point where it feels worth pitching as a project, we'll see what Alex thinks of it. He might have a prototype of his own.

Our focus will be on TtL for a while, but we haven't sworn an oath to never make another Outwitters. Though I will say, it's really unlikely we'll add more teams to Outwitters 1. It would be very stupid, financially, since the Veggienauts never broke even.
YYEEESSSS

(11-15-2013 02:18 AM)Bbobb55 Wrote:  One thing that should definitely appear is less cartoony characters. I tried to persuade my friend to play but he looked at the pictures and thought the game looked stupid. He didn't even download it to give it a try. I think many people are probably being convinced not to play because of the graphics of the game. This needs to be improved.
NNUUUUUU
12-01-2013, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 07:35 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
When i first saw Outwitters, i thought, "wow a fun looking military tactic game with cute, not-hyper-people-realistic, colorful graphics! I should download this, *Requires internet connection*, dang it!"

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-01-2013, 07:51 AM
I had a similar situation where someone downloaded, saw the characters and wouldn't play.

[Image: sig.png]
12-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Being able to play against an AI would be a huge feature add for me. The ability to play whenever against a computer, and needing no Internet connection! This is what made games such as fire emblem, advanced wars, and GLWG good.

If this would not be possible, I would love to see a quick game feature added. If a player leaves the match then they lose, and a set time limit on the games. This would be a nice way to be able to play your turns. Additionally, it would be amazing if there could be spectators in these quick games. I can imagine some top players planning times to play a quick game here on the forum and then other users being able to watch. It would be another way for players to learn from the best and see how top players play live. Possibly a chat system for spectators.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-01-2013, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 09:14 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
(12-01-2013 08:35 AM)Coolio Wrote:  Being able to play against an AI would be a huge feature add for me. The ability to play whenever against a computer, and needing no Internet connection! This is what made games such as fire emblem, advanced wars, and GLWG good.

If this would not be possible, I would love to see a quick game feature added. If a player leaves the match then they lose, and a set time limit on the games. This would be a nice way to be able to play your turns. Additionally, it would be amazing if there could be spectators in these quick games. I can imagine some top players planning times to play a quick game here on the forum and then other users being able to watch. It would be another way for players to learn from the best and see how top players play live. Possibly a chat system for spectators.

AI has been addressed~ it's extremely complicated
I'm not sure what you mean about your second point but I have a feeling that it's something to do with people that don't finish their turns or time out.

The problem with spectators is that those spectators can then give advice on league games. Of course, this can happen now and the top players we have right now, I believe, will not help other (top) players in league matches to that extent, but this way there could be (accidental) discussion that could seriously help one player or the other, especially if spectators can see through the fog of war.

I know. But people know each other on the forums and people have other ways of communicating other than through chat boxes.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-01-2013, 09:36 AM
(12-01-2013 06:35 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  One thing that should definitely appear is less cartoony characters. I tried to persuade my friend to play but he looked at the pictures and thought the game looked stupid. He didn't even download it to give it a try. I think many people are probably being convinced not to play because of the graphics of the game. This needs to be improved.

I like the graphics of the characters....actually a lot!
I certainly prefer the looks of outwitters over a more realistic rendering of the war topic.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.