Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Top 200 - 9/13/2013
09-19-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Weekly Top 200 - 9/13/2013
I hope garcia10000 comes back, always a good game and interesting comments on the forums.

One reason I don't participate in tournaments anymore is because they're so long and I hate playing the same person twice, it's just so much work, this isn't a game!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
No you won't meet anyone twice, just one time for each person and map if the rule staysHeart
(09-19-2013 05:43 AM)blckace Wrote:  One reason I don't participate in tournaments anymore is because they're so long and I hate playing the same person twice, it's just so much work, this isn't a game!
09-19-2013, 06:03 AM
You would hate to play in the best matchups possible? You would meet each player once, each time on different maps, and if I'm right about the players present at the next season, the winner will be able to brag he is the best at outwitters. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-19-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 07:22 AM by Alvendor.)
(09-14-2013 07:22 AM)Pastil* Wrote:  I think Alvendor became number 1 because of powee's recent loss to LER4T

Yep. But would really be better to have an active player as the top player, I'll do something about it. Activity is taken from all ranked games and I and Natichux play 2v2 a bit so this makes me stay in the 1v1 list as well.

(09-16-2013 11:57 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I have never spent more than 15 minutes to think my turns, don't think every ST spends so much time on the game Smile

I find this quite impressive. You would probable advance in the ranking if you took the most complex positions, looked at them, took a break/slept, and then make the move!

(09-17-2013 01:59 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I'm somewhere in between. Most turns, I spend less than 5 minutes. Some turns, I'll spend 15 minutes, but somewhat often, I'll memorize a map and then go about my day and percolate ideas on how to respond.

Do you actually memorize it so you can see it clearly and can think about moves during the day? If so, did you need any practice to be able to do it?

I've tried doing it but am not really able to visualize the maps correctly to be able to see how many tiles it is between units etc.. =/

Soldier spam FTW
09-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Most maps I can visualize it pretty well, since they aren't very large, or the layouts are just easier to visualize.

I can't really plan out moves without looking at a map for things like Thorn Gulley, for instance, and I can't go more than a turn without looking at a map. But in general, I can at least contemplate what possible things I can try with my units and then when I do get to look at a map, see if they would work out.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Even 15 minutes seems like way too long to spend on a replay. Granted Im really not too invested in my ranking. I bet on average I spend 20 seconds on a move. Id say at least half of my turns I dont even watch the replay and most replays that I do watch ill skip midway or am watching tv not paying attention to begin with.

15 minutes seems like forever.

2v2 is obviously different but in 1v1 yeah if there is a game available to play for me and Im playing the game that turn is getting played as quickly as i can take it
09-19-2013, 08:12 AM
That has always seemed really impressive to me, Acameronp. I found our games challenging. I don't usually spend 15 minutes, but I definitely watched the replays when we played games.

I loved that our games went so fast though =) was very fun that we could finish games in days rather than weeks.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
yes well clearly your strategy of spending time thinking about your moves has benefited you.

as for me, it just kind of depends. There are days where it seems that every game just blends together. Even now when im playing 2v2 with maybe 10 of my 35 games. having the other 25 be league 1v1 i often just forget where certain units are. when it was all 35 it was even worse.

There are certain days where i just forget whats going on and just sacrifice units and there are others where its as if i can read my opponents mind. all in all though i just dont feel like spending that much time on it maybe ill give it a try.