Poll: What would you like to include?
Base Heal
Base Weapon
Base Defense
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters Base Actions
09-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Outwitters Base Actions
Gifted League What else can a base do besides getting attacked by the enemy?

On those times where your base is violently attacked, you'd need to heal it so you can fend off newer attacks. Try Base Heal, which heals one point of base health.

What about when you can't fend off enemy attacks once they take over your spawns, and they're just attacking your base and you have nothing to fight them? Try Base Weapons, a weapon installed on your base that shoots your enemies!

How about those times you think you'd die in one turn? Try Base Defense, the way to keep your base at least one health intact.

Beware, for each of these can be used only once per turn. Oh yeah, pweez discuss about the wit costs (I'm really bad at that).

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Outwitters Base Actions
Uh, I think this would take out a big part of the early attack game and it would create balance issues. If you think about it, on glitch, vegs players wouldn't be able to trap spawns, actually, for that matter, it would be hard for veggie players to play at all on almost any map. Introductions to the base would complicate the game with balancing issues.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-09-2013, 03:15 AM
It's an interesting idea! I do not think based should be able to heal, that would be OP. But, perhaps be able to attack for 1, range of 1. Gives some interesting options.

That being said, a. This will never happen, and b. I'm not necessarily convinced that this would actually improve depth of strategy. But maybe!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
09-09-2013, 05:02 AM
A really intriguing idea but I think there's some balance issues there though. After all you are basically changing the rules! Base heal is definitely unlikely to happen, out of the two remaining I guess base attack is the best, to balance it out it would have to cost eight wits or more though Smile

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
09-09-2013, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 06:43 AM by (Rone).)
While I do not share the same sentiments as Doodat because the implementations of a new idea has to be tested until balanced.

I still wonder why their is not a forth poll in which we can select, bases are fine the way they are?

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
09-09-2013, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 05:33 AM by Thrutchy.)
I guess you are talking about something like the crystal attack in hero's academy. An attack of 1 on a unit maybe up to 3 from the base might work. Or maybe some splash damage (like an electric fence) around the entire base perimeter.

But, i dont think adding anything like this would add much value to the game. It would just be different. Attacking the base a little at a time is already not effective. I'd rather see the opposite - something to encourage a base attack a little more - like a wit return. This may help some games move along quicker.
09-09-2013, 06:54 AM
If the base did anything, it would have to heal itself 1 hp, for 5 wits.

Attack or defense is not really worth it. If they got to your base, well, you lost then.
And plus with the wit for kill, any runner hits will be mostly pointless, when the partial idea of runner attacks is to draw attention, and the base being able to take out the runner will take away the distractions. No fun.

GC: TheGreatAnt
09-09-2013, 07:12 AM
I like the idea of 1 hp for lots of wits, like if ur base is at 1 hp and u can't get a unit to block their runner u can use wits to save ur base.

[Image: sig.png]

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
(09-09-2013 05:12 AM)(Rone) Wrote:  While I do not share the same sentiments as Doodat because the implementations of a new idea has to be tested until balanced.

I still wonder why their is not a forth poll in which we can select, bases are fine the way they are?

I has forgotten. And yes, I am pretending that I had lost my basic English skills. Anyone tell me how to change a poll?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-10-2013, 02:43 AM
I do not think changing the base is a good idea. Part of the beauty of Outwitters is that it is an elegant game design. Some games make themselves seem appealing by throwing a bunch of features at you ("150 weapons! 300 unique characters!") but Outwitters is good because it is a very well designed short set of rules that produce a game system that is easy to learn but hard to master. I don't think any new rules or concepts should be added unless there was a really good reason to do so related to the existing game design.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user