Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Retch
Speculation on how Retch was designed to function. Go! Discuss!

I imagine it was basically some kind of area damage effect that would simply do damage to every hostile unit within the range of its attack. To me, this seems like it would be very hard to balance. If it did a lot of damage, then it would be way overpowered. If it didn't, it might still be useful, and possibly still a bit too overpowered. Even if it did only 1 damage, then with just one wit you could effectively reverse numerous wits your opponent had spent on boosting.

I guess another question is whether the damage effect would be blocked by enemy units and walls or if it would have the same range regardless of enemy positions.

Other thoughts? Some kind of slow working poison or temporary paralysis or something?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Retch
Based on the picture it looks like it does an area of effect around it. So it might of been designed as a zoning tool. So when it plants itself it would deploy the cloud around it that would be toggleable on or off. If any enemies came into it they would take a point of damage when they enter it and for every extra turn they stay in it.

It would be a good counter to mobi/sniper moves or scramblers, but probably too powerful because any scrambled unit would die instantly.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 04:22 PM
But to not make it so OP, the number of plants in a close vicinity would not have to matter the amount of damage done to a unit.

GC: TheGreatAnt
09-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Or maybe the Retch gives off some kind of status effect, kind of like the Bombshell with his health meter replaced with a shield when he retracts. He may poison them, wear their health away, and stay poisoned even when outside of its spores.

May have three health (because of its low range of two), or one or two health (if Retch is granted the ability to move after its spores are toggled, or if Retch can kill any enemy that survives the spores closest to him),or just one health (if Retch can attempt a secondary move up to three spaces of its spore range, a toxic shock that deals one damage and poisons the enemy).

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
09-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Maybe:

1. Does 1 point of damage to any enemy unit each turn in the cloud
2. Provides fog of war, can't see any unit within the cloud

And it would have to have a decent movement, I guess 3 like all other specials, with a reasonable amount of health (probably 2 base health).
Although both 1 and 2 together might be overpowered.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-10-2013, 04:58 AM
What is retch o.o

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
09-10-2013, 05:00 AM
http://onemanleft.com/2013/09/outwitters...nit-retch/

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Maybe it would sort of build up the gas circle. In that first turn after planting it gains 1 range, 2nd turn its range is 2, 3rd its range is 3, 4th is range is 4....and so on.

So, like the bramble(and sorta bombshell) that placing it is a risk, and the investment is over time. Then again could be OP if you just plant at your base and 5 turns later....well yeah

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
09-14-2013, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 01:11 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Well unless the base gets eaten away by whatever the spores grow on it, the base will not get sick from the spores

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
09-14-2013, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 01:44 PM by TheQwertiest.)
It would be cool if the retch's smoke stuff acts like some sort of fog. It covers all allied units under fog and the opponent can only see shadows where units are under that fog. They won't know what kind of unit is on that shadow unless they attack it.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*