Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRASHING...I Give Up!
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 10:28 PM by Flyfly75.)
CRASHING...I Give Up!
Crash, after crash, after crash.

I am having to re-start the Outwitters app five or six times, just to complete a single game! Sometimes it crashes while it's trying to load a game...music, spinning circle, then black screen and back to my desktop; other times, it's while the game is trying to make a move...make my move, all animation stops, black screen, and back to desktop.

Anyone else having this issue? None of my other apps have this issue and I have zero connectivity issues on my end, so I'm convinced it's not me. I love the game, but won't continue playing if it's this buggy.

I have 314 League wins to my credit, so while a relative newb, I'm not completely green and have not had this issue until recently.

Any help please? SadAngry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: CRASHING...I Give Up!
Reinstall Outwitters.

Make sure you complete your turns before reinstallation

iPro Clan
09-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Will all my purchases still be there after I re-install?
09-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Yes, you might have to click "restore purchases" after you reinstall

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
09-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Outwitters has had too many stability and server issues. To the point that any other apps would have been deleted from my phone.
But as writing this - Outwitters finally behaves like proper software, without issues.
I am running all the latest official updates on iPhone 4S. iPad mini and iPhone 4 are fine, too.
09-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I have had 0 problems using the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Have had to reinstalled ones since playing 6-8 months and got all my games and purchases without problem.
09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Mine crashes the first time I try to get in after I delete my multitask and open the app. But the second try always works. I think that is okay for the best game that I have ever played.
09-04-2013, 11:38 PM
i have similar problem to Jordannadroj... generally crashes when i tap the icon to start the app. normally only happens once, but can happen several times. once in the game, it works fine with very few in-game crashes.
the start-up crash started after a re-install of the game.

fixing the crashes would be great, but outwitters tends give me more patience than other apps, due to its brilliance. Smile
10-15-2013, 04:27 AM
No issues at all since the sage advice here. Deleting and re-installing worked like a breeze.