Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-30-2013, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 04:48 AM by phineas94.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-28-2013 09:25 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  As for just having a bad partner, that is part of the game, sometimes you will get unlucky but if you are actually good these will be minor setbacks.

agreed

(09-28-2013 09:25 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  One suggestion I have for 2v2r is that if one person times out, then he loses twice as many league points, and his partner loses none. This makes it okay if a partner times out, and it provides incentive to see the game out to its end rather than stall.

For some reason the point spread for a win/loss in the lower divisions seems to be weighted more towards the negative so 1 loss could cancel out 2 wins so what you're suggesting could go some way to addressing this, a tad harsh on a player who had a legitimate reason to time out, but hey. Also, I don't feel that this would be a deterrent to the player thinking of timing out as the majority are just out there, trying a new game, not getting on with it (tactically or due to it's asynchronous nature) and moving on never to be seen again. But, while this will be okay for your league points it doesn't take into consideration the loss in your hidden rank or the shift in your win/loss ratio so your prospects of promotion are taking a hit every time someone times out on you. As you are more likely to be partnered with players who will "time out" in Fluffy League & Clever League you basically want to get out of there as quickly as possible in order to play more meaningful games. The only fix that ticks most boxes in the "fairness" stakes would be to enable the remaining player to take over the turn of their absent partner. Until then I still recommend the invite.

(09-29-2013 05:51 PM)(Rone) Wrote:  On another online game you could poorly score someone based on if they dropped from a game. Especially if it was a decent game going. It would point out a player would have a tenancy to drop out of games and restrictions could be set for league games of what % you prefer a person has a rep to drop. It would help promote people not to drop from games.

It would be great to have 'in game' stats, you wouldn't even have to personally score anyone as the system itself could just log "time outs" you incurred and have a "% games completed" section. However, I'm pretty sure most people would set their limit at 99-100% and I still reckon most of the drop outs are new players who just don't care.

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot. - phineas94 - 09-30-2013 04:46 AM