Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-03-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
I was referring to top 200 lists. Not league rankings, since I don't play that much. Only around 380 wins and 110 lost matches so far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 02:02 AM by Jamay235.)
(08-31-2013 06:07 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Firstly, don't get me wrong, I really like the concept of teaming up with random people. However, I really get sick of certain things going on with the matchmaking. This might seem like a useless rant, but I just feel like sharing my opinion.

The main point, really is that random pairs can be matched against arranged pairs. To understand this, we have to look at what disadvantages random players have against arranged pairs (gifted+): Captain Obvious alert!

You don't know your teammate.

No sh*t.

Most successful arranged pairs are successful because they know eachothers playstyle very well, and they make a good mix. With random teammates, you don't (necessarly) have that. If you don't like rushing (like me), you're gonna have a very hard time if you get teamed with potentially very suicidal person.

You can get any race for your teammate.

Most successful arranged pairs are successful because they can always make sure what races they're gonna use (mostly Scallywags and Adorables). As a random player, you can't. If you play Scallywags, you can't make sure your teammate will play Adorables. Good luck against a competent S/A pair.

You can get unranked noobsters for your teammate.

"Would you like to play a 2v2 game, while your partner is playing his very first game of Outwitters?"

No! Of course not! Please bugger the hell off!

tl;dr: I hate the current 2v2 random. I hope you enjoyed my rant.

I'm new, knowing the basic of the game. I tried three 2 vs 2 games. They always matched me with new players (first game or so) and my opponents were gifted or clever highly ranked. One of my teammates even played three turns sitting on my spawn space. Is it fair? I'm laughing at it because it's a really stupid situation... Nevertheless, it's annoying :-)

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
09-07-2013, 02:12 AM
I think its fair. <on your situation that is.
I don't mind getting a crappy partner as long as my opponent has an equal chance of also getting a crappy partner. What I don't see as fair is pairing random and arranged. I once got a partner who took my wit space and played badly (it was bad enough that he played badly but he even had the nerve to take my wit space. >.< and this was in masters 2v2r.) we were matched against an arranged pair.
I could understand the playing badly part because it is 2v2r but atleast on arranged your partner wont take your wit space without some sort of goal or discussion.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Bobo takes my wit space in our 2v2 matches that he invites me on XD

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Smile RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-07-2013 02:12 AM)Pastil* Wrote:  I think its fair. <on your situation that is.
I don't mind getting a crappy partner as long as my opponent has an equal chance of also getting a crappy partner. What I don't see as fair is pairing random and arranged. I once got a partner who took my wit space and played badly (it was bad enough that he played badly but he even had the nerve to take my wit space. >.< and this was in masters 2v2r.) we were matched against an arranged pair.
I could understand the playing badly part because it is 2v2r but atleast on arranged your partner wont take your wit space without some sort of goal or discussion.

I'll wait for a fair game^^. I understood your point.

09-07-2013, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 03:11 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Pastil, it really seems like you didn't read trutchy's, jaesonwu's and my posts. You are stuck with your idea that arranged team have better chance even though the matchmaking is set so that the teams have equal level. If the arranged team is better, then it will go to master, and the random team not playing well will stay in clever/gifted.

The real problem is that a master 1v1 can be paired with a fluffy 1v1. This has absolutely no sense. Being matched with random people doesn't mean the result of the battle has to be random, which is the case in those situations. Being matched with people who really are far from being as skilled as you simple removes the fun, and when you lose because of your partner more than because of your opponents, you justly wonder what is the interest of this game mode.

Doing what you suggest won't solve the problem, because the random team players will still be with partners that have nothing to do with their level, and the battles won't be more fun for them because they don't meet arranged teams: the matter comes from the random team itself and not the arranged opponent team who has its level that corresponds to the league it is in.

What's more, I am myself in arranged team with a bunch of players, and I am in the five leagues with all of them. Being in arranged doesn't mean your move are more coordinate and so on: a player you meet in random mode can be way more talkative and motivated than players who ask you to be teamed with them and then absolutely never say anything. Thinking all arranged teams plan their turns together and that random teams play as it if was 1v1 without talking is certainly wrong, and it may be from this "cliché" that you think arranged team have any advantage.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-07-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 03:36 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  What's more, I am myself in arranged team with a bunch of players, and I am in the five leagues with all of them. Being in arranged doesn't mean your move are more coordinate and so on: a player you meet in random mode can be way more talkative and motivated than players who ask you to be teamed with them and then absolutely never say anything. Thinking all arranged teams plan their turns together and that random teams play as it if was 1v1 without talking is certainly wrong, and it may be from this "cliché" that you think arranged team have any advantage.

In arranged, you can choose who you partner with. someone who is open to ideas when discussing moves. If you dont choose your partner well then its almost the same with 2v2 random.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Doing what you suggest won't solve the problem, because the random team players will still be with partners that have nothing to do with their level, and the battles won't be more fun for them because they don't meet arranged teams: the matter comes from the random team itself and not the arranged opponent team who has its level that corresponds to the league it is in

Why not just pair random players against random players? I dont see how that wont solve the problem. ~Random in a way that you get someone from the same league.
So players who are good at playing with others will rise up and those who are not stay at the bottom.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Pastil, it really seems like you didn't read trutchy's, jaesonwu's and my posts. You are stuck with your idea that arranged team have better chance even though the matchmaking is set so that the teams have equal level. If the arranged team is better, then it will go to master, and the random team not playing well will stay in clever/gifted.

Well it also seems like you didnt read mine. As closed as you are that your idea is the right one, I am to mine.
i think the only reason random gets paired with arranged is because there are not enough players for the game modes to stand alone and not because the system sees that the random pair can take on the arranged pair.

On the bolded statement
correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think adam or alex posted that thats how the arranged vs random system works.
it is possible that my idea that random gets paired with arranged only because of the lack of players is right

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Personally, I think 2v2 random vs 2v2 arranged is fine except for the rise up, u can get some really bad teammates, but that's fine. It'll just take a few extra games to reach masters division

[Image: sig.png]

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
09-07-2013, 04:45 PM
(09-07-2013 03:26 AM)Pastil* Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  What's more, I am myself in arranged team with a bunch of players, and I am in the five leagues with all of them. Being in arranged doesn't mean your move are more coordinate and so on: a player you meet in random mode can be way more talkative and motivated than players who ask you to be teamed with them and then absolutely never say anything. Thinking all arranged teams plan their turns together and that random teams play as it if was 1v1 without talking is certainly wrong, and it may be from this "cliché" that you think arranged team have any advantage.

In arranged, you can choose who you partner with. someone who is open to ideas when discussing moves. If you dont choose your partner well then its almost the same with 2v2 random.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Doing what you suggest won't solve the problem, because the random team players will still be with partners that have nothing to do with their level, and the battles won't be more fun for them because they don't meet arranged teams: the matter comes from the random team itself and not the arranged opponent team who has its level that corresponds to the league it is in

Why not just pair random players against random players? I dont see how that wont solve the problem. ~Random in a way that you get someone from the same league.
So players who are good at playing with others will rise up and those who are not stay at the bottom.

(09-07-2013 03:08 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Pastil, it really seems like you didn't read trutchy's, jaesonwu's and my posts. You are stuck with your idea that arranged team have better chance even though the matchmaking is set so that the teams have equal level. If the arranged team is better, then it will go to master, and the random team not playing well will stay in clever/gifted.

Well it also seems like you didnt read mine. As closed as you are that your idea is the right one, I am to mine.
i think the only reason random gets paired with arranged is because there are not enough players for the game modes to stand alone and not because the system sees that the random pair can take on the arranged pair.

On the bolded statement
correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think adam or alex posted that thats how the arranged vs random system works.
it is possible that my idea that random gets paired with arranged only because of the lack of players is right

If the reason of random gets paired with arranged is because of the lack of players, that will be fine for me.... Waiting for a way to attract more people in 2 vs 2. If not, Mag!cGuy told what I think. Fluffy League

09-13-2013, 10:09 PM
I also don't mind being matched up with arranged pairs from the same league of skill. However, the inability to see which map you're playing on if your starting as P2,3 or 4 bugs me somewhat. The P2 of an arranged team would get to see which map they'd been invited to - as if they needed more help! I rarely play veggies but would definitely play them more if I had knowledge of which map I was about to play a game on. I keep on trying but normally get Blitz Beach every time I pick them Sad

Everything Changes