Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-14-2013, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 05:31 AM by Juslas.)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
Phineas94 is right about arranged teams getting choice of race for p2/p4. Making game even harder for random players. I have finished only 20 random 2v2 matches with 17 won and 3 lost. Two of the lost games were against arranged Super Titans (ranked 18th at the time, 6th today).
If I play arranged - I choose the race according the map. Especially if you against FTA, correct race makes a huge difference. And your team member can tell you opponent races, too. Making things even more unbalanced.
But to me at least random does not feel random, I get paired with top players and I do play against them ... With 20 matches and about 5 ongoing ones can't really say anything with getting paired "fluffy". I get paired with Super Titans Smile

But random would be much better if you get paired against random teams only.
And FTA has to be addressed, it takes a line of code, only.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 05:39 AM by .Memories..)
(09-14-2013 05:17 AM)Juslas Wrote:  And FTA has to be addressed, it takes a line of code, only.

This is not true. It might seem like a smaller fix than others, but a lot of work goes into making any changes in the game and getting it to the end-users.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
09-14-2013, 05:52 AM
You copy-paste the line that assigns 8 wits to p2, and change some parameters? Doesn't seem too complicated.

09-14-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2013 06:00 AM by .Memories..)
(09-14-2013 05:52 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  You copy-paste the line that assigns 8 wits to p2, and change some parameters? Doesn't seem too complicated.

I never said complicated. But you have to do more than just change a few lines and hit "save". There's a lot that goes into app development apart from just writing code.

Anyway, I'm sure OML has other reasons not to change it right now other than "it's too complicated to change the code". But your guess is as good as mine as to what they are.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
09-14-2013, 04:23 PM
FTA on 2v2 has been talked on other threads, for long time.
FTA is relevant "why arranged versus random" feels unfair, too.
Balancing turn based games is hard. Making it fun and fair is time consuming. Players do the testing and this forum gives the feed back back to OML.
There has been map changes, and special unit behavior changes as a result of player feedback.
FTA on 1v1 was addressed, but 2v2 was not. Main reason was probably the fact that statistics did not show FTA on 2v2 games. On maps like Blitz Beach, Machination and Mechanism FTA is easiest to feel and having best races to defend is vital for surprise not losing against FTA. Other maps are slightly easier to defend with teamwork.
If arranged and random 2v2 weren't mixed, random games were much more fair for random players.
Addressing FTA and separating random and arranged games are not time consuming as a programming task. Understanding and predicting effects of the change is the difficult task. Active players try to help - to make the game better, fun and fair and balanced as it should be!
09-15-2013, 04:42 PM
I am waiting random partner to face arranged teams ranked at top 10, top 20 and top 100.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
(09-15-2013 04:42 PM)Juslas Wrote:  I am waiting random partner to face arranged teams ranked at top 10, top 20 and top 100.

In 1v1 the system tries to match you with a similarly skilled opponent for the first couple of days or so. Failing that it assigns you anyone from the player base as a whole which is why the Poweewees and Alvendors often get matched up with lower league opponents. If the same is happening here then you have to hope a top R2V2 player opens a game soon otherwise your partner may be a little fluffy. Let us know how it pans out. Good luck

Everything Changes
09-16-2013, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 05:48 AM by Juslas.)
Ludo_06 and AntonyWade are battling for random league championship, and chalenging the number one position on 2v2 random rankings.
Right after match were all 3 of us participated ended, I get those two paired with me on 2 of the open matches.
But not to the match against the top 10 arranged team.
If my ranking alone, without teammember, is worthy to face this team ranked at 6th arranged,
I do think mixing arranged and random is not fair. I specialize 2v2 but I doubt algorithm knows that.
After 20 hours I still wait worthy teammember to face super Titan arranged team that is higher ranked that any of arranged teams I am a member Smile
09-17-2013, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 06:24 AM by Juslas.)
It said a day ago for awhile. I would say that it took about 36 hours to get paired with fluffy.

But I feel fluffy myself, too. I made game losing wit count error yesterday and met strongest FTA rush on CCM ... Winlay and Mel by really made me feel fluffy Smile on both of those matches!
09-20-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 02:22 AM by Juslas.)
My random career to become Super Titan took 24 matches. I'll try to check the week count, too.

OSN says 4 months ago - approximately 16 weeks to became 2v2 random Super Titan.
And with top ranked random players game is quite enjoyable ;-)