Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
09-02-2013, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 06:19 AM by .Memories..)
RE: 2v2 random: why it really sucks. A lot.
(09-02-2013 06:10 AM)Doodat Wrote:  There is no matchup that is completely fair. Skill levels will always vary, and you can't organize so that it's always the "best" race playing against the same race on a certain map. Granted, there are more variables in 2v2 random, but your point was that it wasn't fair. Nothing really is fair.

Oh, I wasn't ever arguing or making points in this thread.. Just hopped in to ask some questions. So I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "your point was".

I think that there are varying levels of fairness, and while it's true that something can never be completely fair, there can be things that are more unfair than others. My two cents.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 06:22 AM
(09-02-2013 06:16 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 06:10 AM)Doodat Wrote:  There is no matchup that is completely fair. Skill levels will always vary, and you can't organize so that it's always the "best" race playing against the same race on a certain map. Granted, there are more variables in 2v2 random, but your point was that it wasn't fair. Nothing really is fair.

Oh, I wasn't ever arguing or making points in this thread.. Just hopped in to ask some questions. So I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "your point was".

I think that there are varying levels of fairness, and while it's true that something can never be completely fair, there can be things that are more unfair than others. My two cents.

THIS

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-02-2013, 06:27 AM
I agree with that^^

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-02-2013, 06:29 AM
So my post was completelt wrong?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-02-2013, 08:13 AM
I agree with you, magic.
09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
(09-02-2013 05:52 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I assume random and arranged share a common hidden ranking system. If the matchmaking system matches opponents that each have a fairly equal chance of winning, what's so bad about matching different types of opponents? A random team should typically have more skilled players vs an arranged team because of the randomness. It is like a 1v1 match between a player that always uses veggies vs a player that always uses adorables. The veggie player probably has more general skill given that the special is harder to ise effectively.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It's too bad everyone seemed to gloss over your crucial point.

Assuming the system is working correctly, the system tries to make all players win half the time. What type of team you are against is inconsequential assuming the system works. If you are in a random team and get an arranged team, it means the system thinks that despite the advantage of being arranged that your opponents have, you still have a 50% chance of winning (implying that you derive an equal advantage from something else to compensate for the lack of a chosen partner).
09-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Oh right forgot to say, I agree with trutchy and now jaesonwu, who joined my
point. I don't understand this fairness debate even though the matchmaking works correctly. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-03-2013, 01:37 PM
2v2 random is not really fair because the pairing system is so random that you could get a partner from across the entire leaderboard or even from another league. In 1v1, if you are #11 clever, you are not going to be paired with a #29 fluffy.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
09-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Being at top 10 random I get paired with top 10 players, the ones that play a lot get paired regularly together. Top random players chat a bit, too. Something I tried not to do at first - but since I chat on forum ... well you know: had to chat during random game, too.
Biggest issue is FTA.
And pairing does not feel random, since teammates and opponents are from pool of less than 20 Smile
Random teams do not take as great advantage of FTA than top 10 arranged teams.
09-03-2013, 02:00 PM
I actually have a gave right now and my partner's 2v2 random stat is #29 fluffy and i'm #11 clever. That is waaaaay more that 20

It happens a lot to me.

An extreme case happened when i was fluffy in 1v1 and 2v2r and my partner was fluffy but we were paired with Waymaniac and ==(888)==. Twice.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…