Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond 21 - 24 iPro [GG Clan Tourney]
10-25-2013, 11:22 AM
RE: Diamond 8 - 24 iPro [GG Clan Tourney]
I've been away all day, and unable to get back to this until now. I should maybe have waited until I'd have a chance to respond to any responses in a somewhat timely manner; I was hoping things I said wouldn't get taken out of context while I was away.

I'd like to make a few things clear: I am not accusing Good Game Team of any wrongdoing; they are essentially not involved in this particular conflict at all, and I was not trying to suggest they were involved in some kind of conspiracy to eke 4 points from us. What I did say was this event could be construed as somewhat biased in favour of the moderators team.

I am also not accusing IPro of any wrongdoing. From the posts above they've clearly been nothing but sporting about this.

On the other side, .Memories. did everything in his power to keep this game from being a forfeit for the other team . To hold that against him, or Diamond League, because "the other team was not bound to answer" is unfair.

Quote:- Good Game team's leader has his right to defend their situation in his favor, using the rules that were given before in a correct manner, just like iPro and Diamond have done before.

This is somewhat strange to me. Good Game Team is not involved in this disagreement at all, but yet you seem to by implying/admitting that you took your own team's situation into consideration when making this decision.

Quote:If leaders don't agree with any rule that has come up, they have to give an opinion about it between the next two days

Yet, if you didn't agree when you read, why didn't we read your opinion at that time

It's not a problem with the rule, it's a problem with your ruling on it. This rule has not been enforced with any consistency, which again suggests that this decision is not being made impartially.

Quote:- if someone is going to complain about something, try to write without suppositions and in a formal way.

Whatever you're going to call my complaint, you can't call it informal.

Quote:I realize you haven't been in a real tournament before, where many sport players are looking lawfully for forfeits as soon as they have the chance

A) I play sports. I've been in tournaments.
B) This is not Major League Baseball. This is not the National Football League. This is not the Soccer Champions League Association or whatever. No one is being paid to win games. I have been in several tournaments where the other teams shows up late, they're short a player, whatever, and we could've forced a forfeit but we did not. That's not fun for anyone.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diamond 8 - 24 iPro [GG Clan Tourney] - amoffett11 - 10-25-2013 11:22 AM