Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Diamond 24 - 12 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
11-04-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: Diamond 22 - 12 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
(11-04-2013 06:04 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  3 times timing out for a short game is a lot. 3 times for a long game... Maybe not a lot. Something to consider going forward - the percentage of turns timed out out of the total number of turns. The level of offense differs depending on the size of game. It's just simple math, [# time outs]/[# total turns for player]

Mate, ANY amount of "time outs" is too many.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 06:11 AM
You are not in the position to judge whether a rule is relevant or not, because you are a participant. Jesusfuentesh has set rules, he is pretty strict with them (and he is right to), so you have to respect them and not think "I am going against the time out rule but it is ok because I think so." My two cents! Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Don't get me wrong, the 3 day rule an important rule, and I agree that I broke it. I am just disappointed that we don't get to finish the great game.

That being said, it is just an objective fact that the level of offense for time outs varies dependent on the length of the game. It's just math, as I said. So, something to consider for future competitions...though honestly that might get too complex.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
11-04-2013, 06:19 AM
You're right, it's too complex! I think pastil's idea is great, it would make everyone happy, because I do agree ending such a game this way is not that cool.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I hate to bring this up, but if Jesus is the one who sets the rules and we must follow his strict rules, didn't you guys just do the opposite with your iPro match...
You cant stand on opposite sides of a similar argument depending on what's more beneficial to you. Anyways, lets stick to the rules, beneficial or not, for the rest of the tournament in case there's another misunderstanding.

Super-Titan 1v1, 2v2 with jesusfuentesh
11-04-2013, 06:31 AM
(11-04-2013 06:18 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  That being said, it is just an objective fact that the level of offense for time outs varies dependent on the length of the game. It's just math, as I said.

This is not an objective fact. It's your opinion that it should vary based on the length of game. The math involved is based on this opinion.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
(11-04-2013 06:31 AM)fruit slicing master Wrote:  I hate to bring this up, but if Jesus is the one who sets the rules and we must follow his strict rules, didn't you guys just do the opposite with your iPro match...
You cant stand on opposite sides of a similar argument depending on what's more beneficial to you. Anyways, lets stick to the rules, beneficial or not, for the rest of the tournament in case there's another misunderstanding.

You can't compare both situations... The other time it all came from miscommunication, and ipro agreed to start the match even though they could have asked our forfeit. Nothing to do with timeout.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-04-2013, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 06:45 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
As i said i also rather would have wanted to play the game to the end as Pastil suggested but I understood that i should end and post the link as per jesus instructions.

I am really sorry that you think doing so was rude. I didn't mean to be rude. On the contrary, this game means a lot to me as I don't get matched to players as highly ranked as you are in normal league games and i have all respect of you as one of the strongest players around. Holding up as long in a competitive game like this meant a lot to me!

Hope we can get over this as friends Smile

(11-04-2013 06:37 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 06:31 AM)fruit slicing master Wrote:  I hate to bring this up, but if Jesus is the one who sets the rules and we must follow his strict rules, didn't you guys just do the opposite with your iPro match...

You can't compare both situations... The other time it all came from miscommunication, and ipro agreed to start the match even though they could have asked our forfeit. Nothing to do with timeout.

I tend to agree with Mag!c on this. Don't think the two situations are directly comparable.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-04-2013, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 07:05 AM by GreatGonzales.)
No harm done random task. Just sad we couldn't finish our game.

(11-04-2013 06:31 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 06:18 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  That being said, it is just an objective fact that the level of offense for time outs varies dependent on the length of the game. It's just math, as I said.

This is not an objective fact. It's your opinion that it should vary based on the length of game. The math involved is based on this opinion.

Shrug. If we assume that the purpose of the rule is to control for the duration between turns during a match, then we must consider the whole population of turns.

Taking 3 days to submit one turn in a 10 turn game, is clearly a worse offense than taking 3 days to submit one turn in a 100 turn game. In the former, the player exceeded the limit 20% of the time (1/5); in the latter the player exceeded the limit 2% of the time (1/50). If we accept this, then the next logical step is to say that - 1 time out in a 10 turn game is actually a greater offense than 3 time outs in a 100 turn game - 20% compared to 6%.

We could also look at the percentage of total days spent on a given game, but now we're probably getting too complex. Anyway - math is math, not merely my opinion.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
12-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Are you guys ready to start the meeting game? If so, Lawtai will be our host, and once you let us know who your host will be, we can get started.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone