Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Diamond 24 - 12 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
11-03-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 04:11 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: Diamond 22 - 12 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
My game against Great Gonzales went to three days in the queue for the third time this morning.

[Image: a0a01d016a908e6c3b479fc6ff8f4d8e_zps343c39c6.jpg]

Is this rule still in effect?
(08-28-2013 11:59 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Your attention please:

- The point discount for delay in a turn applies only once and is just related to the match. But if someone lets the match say the maximun time limt (3 days) three times, it'll be considered a forfeit. The opponent has to post screenshots on the thread each time it occurs.
- Remember, if the match got say 4 days, it'll be considered a forfeit at once.

Thanks for your suggestions.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
(11-03-2013 04:06 PM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  My game against Great Gonzales went to three days in the queue for the third time this morning.

Is this rule still in effect?
(08-28-2013 11:59 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Your attention please:

- The point discount for delay in a turn applies only once and is just related to the match. But if someone lets the match say the maximun time limt (3 days) three times, it'll be considered a forfeit. The opponent has to post screenshots on the thread each time it occurs.
- Remember, if the match got say 4 days, it'll be considered a forfeit at once.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Every rule I've said in this tourney is still in effect. That's why I was being strict in "iPro vs Diamond" case. Though, I made an exception for you. I just hope people don't think rules and I favor Diamond.

Having said this, and so we all stick to the rules, you can give up and 2 points will be added to your team score

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2013, 04:49 PM
It's sad to get points this way, but points are always good to take Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-04-2013, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 04:58 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
Here is the replay... 73 turns.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgKiugAoM

Jesus, i didn't mean to critisize you. You are doing a tremendous job running this tourney, and while I never organised a tourney myself and probably never will I realize it is not so easy as one would think...particularly if it is a tourney this big, with some of the best players (and sometimes biggest egos) around.

11-04-2013, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 05:11 AM by GreatGonzales.)
I am a bit annoyed that such a great game would end like this. I don't deny that I technically broke the rules, but come onnnnn. 73 turns! End like this? Lame lame lame.

I have a somewhat reasonable excuse for this most recent "3 days" mark: this was a case where I thought I had sent the turn, but then saw several hours later that the turn had not been sent. In any case, I had only briefly dipped into the 3 day mark.

Anyway. I don't particularly care about the loss, random task may have defeated me anyway. But to end such an epic fight like this....

Disappointing. I thought we had an unspoken understanding.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
11-04-2013, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 05:40 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
(11-04-2013 05:09 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I am a bit annoyed that such a great game would end like this. I don't deny that I technically broke the rules, but come onnnnn. 73 turns! End like this? Lame lame lame.

I have a somewhat reasonable excuse for this most recent "3 days" mark: this was a case where I thought I had sent the turn, but then saw several hours later that the turn had not been sent. In any case, I had only briefly dipped into the 3 day mark.

Anyway. I don't particularly care about the loss, random task may have defeated me anyway. But to end such an epic fight like this....

Disappointing. I thought we had an unspoken understanding.

Sorry GG, i didn't mean to annoy you. Sad I rather would have played this game to the end and I give in that You probably would have been the winner if you hadn't missed the time limit three times over the course of the game. I understand Jesus required the game to be ended and the link to be posted. This were his instructions. I am sorry if the 3 days mark was hit by mistake... Well it happened 3 times and the rules for this game category said from the beginning that moves should be made before the counter shows three days.

When the players for the matchups were selected I told amoffett I wouldn't want to play in the "think quickly" category because I could not promise to make my turns within the required time limit as Jesus stressed from the beginning he wants players to make their moves in a timely manner. (I only jumped in as replacement for another player later in the tourney when I knew my time constraints allowed it.) We all knew this will be observed during the competition.

11-04-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 05:45 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Letting the game "time out" 3 times is a lot, really a lot, and if you had a server problem this time you could have directly told it here and jesusfuentesh could have decided what to do. I also agree with random task that waiting this long for each turn is not cool because it reduces your play's quality. Smile

You knew the rules, so you can't blame anyone but yourself for not respecting them I think. Rules are not only made to make the main post larger! Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-04-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 05:50 AM by TheQwertiest.)
hehe. too bad for the game. you guys could have an agreement on chat that whoever wins the game the points would go to diamond league (maybe random task could post the 3 screenshots of the 3 day time limit as proof) since technically GG has lost by not following the rules of the game.

anyway, i think random task made the right decision. this is a tournament after all. it may seem like a cowards move but its in the best interest of his clan. every point counts! Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-04-2013, 05:49 AM
(11-04-2013 05:47 AM)Pastil* Wrote:  hehe. too bad for the game. you guys could have an agreement on chat that whoever wins the game the points would go to diamond league (maybe random task could post the 3 screenshots of the 3 day time limit as proof) since technically GG has lost by not following the rules of the game.

Indeed, this is a great idea! Should be considered next time something like this happens. ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-04-2013, 06:04 AM
3 times timing out for a short game is a lot. 3 times for a long game... Maybe not a lot. Something to consider going forward - the percentage of turns timed out out of the total number of turns. The level of offense differs depending on the size of game. It's just simple math, [# time outs]/[# total turns for player]

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.