Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-21-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 11:09 AM by bobolynx.)
Realigned
So I was considering earlier a game mode where you had to either destroy your opponents base or have your own destroyed. Instead, the idea is that every player will have two win conditions, the destruction of two of the four bases. Every player will have two other players who will have one base in common.
For example, you could have a game where the players are matched up like so:
Player 1: 3,4
Player 2: 3,1
Player 3: 1,2
Player 4: 2,4
We will have two games of four and the winners of the first two games will play for first place, and those who lost will play a game of their own. Devise your tactics as you will. All communication must be in open chat if you decide you would like to talk. No talking about the game outside of the game until it is posted. I will play in one game and use random number generator to create the rules for the other, and I will have someone from the other game do the same for mine. I will also do random number generator to decide who is which player #. I will pm you the bases you must destroy.
"Okay. The idea is that each person has the goal of destroying one of two bases. Each player's goal is for either, say for P2, the numbers are 1,4. Then, when either P1's base or P4's base is destroyed, P2 *technically* wins. In addition, if P1's base was destroyed and say, P3 had 1,2, then P2 and P3 both earn a point." says doodat. In regular outwitters 2v2, either of your opponent's bases being destroyed will allow you to win. In realigned, either of the two bases you're assigned being destroyed will be a win.
Yes, no covering spawns forgot to mention.
There will always be two players who win and two players who lose.
There are 7 more slots. If enough people want to play we can make more spaces. Comment when you'd like the tournament to start
1. -Mycotic-

1. Doodat

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 12:52 PM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Realigned
how can you have 2 of 4 bases destroyed when the game ends when the first one is destroyed?
Also doesnt this have too much advantage for P1? you can just cover P3's spawn points.

Actually I'm not very sure I understand the rule for this game. Can you explain more or make it more clearer?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
08-21-2013, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 01:55 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
RE: Realigned
(08-21-2013 12:49 PM)Pastil* Wrote:  how can you have 2 of 4 bases destroyed when the game ends when the first one is destroyed?
Also doesnt this have too much advantage for P1? you can just cover P3's spawn points.

Actually I'm not very sure I understand the rule for this game. Can you explain more or make it more clearer?

Okay. The idea is that each person has the goal of destroying one of two bases. Each player's goal is for either, say for P2, the numbers are 1,4. Then, when either P1's base or P4's base is destroyed, P2 *technically* wins. In addition, if P1's base was destroyed and say, P3 had 1,2, then P2 and P3 both earn a point.

You do bring a good point, however, about spawns. I think a rule of no stepping on spawn spaces unless its the enemy's spawn space in a regular 2v2 should be added.

Also, the numbers should be changed each round. I'll probably be doing Group 1 numbers and bobo will do Group 2 numbers. So, changed, we could have scores like

P2: 2
P1: 1
P4: 1
P3: 0

Then, we would play a regular 1v1 between P1 and P4 to see who goes to the final 4

In the final 4, we could do first to 3 points.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38