Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple change suggestion for Outwitters
08-17-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Simple change suggestion for Outwitters
It would add a strategically new aspect to the game. I'm for it!

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 10:00 PM
(08-17-2013 06:32 PM)Harti Wrote:  
(08-17-2013 01:48 AM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  This cant be difficult to code, blizzard has it in all their RTS multiplayers.
Best. Point. Ever.

Yeah Blizzard has it! Can't be that hard...

hahaha Smile)

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
08-18-2013, 12:37 AM
(08-17-2013 02:23 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I know this is hard, but what if everyone started as a random race, and then your race is "officially" picked the moment you spawn a special from that race?

This would be interesting, but wouldn't be much different than being able to spawn any special at any time. Most games have no more than one special spawned. Until your opponent spawns a special you'll have to defend against all specials (i.e. scrambler fear, snipers vulnerable to thorns, soldiers vulnerable to mobi-snipes). With this game mode, it would be advantageous to defer spawning a special to force defense against all specials longer.

But, I still like this or simply allowing any special at any time. Obviously both players need to have this any special race. If p1 picks this, p2 would automatically get it. P2 would not have an option to pick this any special race.
08-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I've argued for this many times before, but I think the best thing is to have exactly one special: A bombshell that fires mobis that spit out brambles that grow scramblers instead of thorns. Or some variation of that anyway.

Actually, I think in practice gameplay would differ a lot between "any special at any time" and "team not picked until you spawn your first special" game modes, and you've pointed out why. If spawning a special commits you to a team choice, then you'd be hesitant to spawn one until it's especially advantageous to do so. But if you can spawn any special at any time, then you'd be perfectly willing to spawn specials early on since you can still spawn other specials later anyway.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, you are right from the special spawning perspective. I made that statement from the special defense perspective, I guess.
08-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I don't get it

If your opponent is not going to spawn a special, then you just have to deal with normal units. Just keep playing the way you'd play when there is no special.

If your opponent decides he needs to bring out a special, then deal with that special like you normally would.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
08-21-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 12:55 AM by user35.)
Sounds good in theory, but in practice would be really annoying. On small maps, knowing your opponent could have the option of turtling with a bombshell, mobi-sniping your special, or scrambling any unit within 3 squares of a spawn is kinda tough to plan for. There's a balance there, and I'm not sure spawning any special is right. Then you add in some of the fast and furious 2v2 maps and "any special" would make FTA even worse.

That said, Feedback vs Scallywags is broken, and Veggies are broken everywhere. I wouldn't mind being able to switch races when I'm feedback vs Scallywags on Peekaboo or vs Adorables on Reaper. I'll bet other races dont like playing vs feedback on glitch.
08-21-2013, 02:24 AM
(08-20-2013 01:27 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I don't get it

If your opponent is not going to spawn a special, then you just have to deal with normal units. Just keep playing the way you'd play when there is no special.

If your opponent decides he needs to bring out a special, then deal with that special like you normally would.

Against different potential specials, you need to defend differently:
- feedback: be even more wary of getting to close to their spawn. defend to not let a potential scrambler cause too much damage.
- bramble: protect your snipers and medics from a long range thorn attack. spawn more soldiers to eventually mow down the thorns.
- mobi: don't leave 3hp soldiers exposed for a mobi-snipe. don't leave units open to a single attack-kill and then mobi retreat.
- bombshell: apply enough pressure so that a bombshell is difficult to place in key locations.

Before your opponent spawns the first special, you'd have to apply all of these defenses. This is why I stated that it would be similar to being able to spawn any special whenever.
08-21-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 03:17 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Also, if you could spawn any special whenever, then Bombshell-Mobiporting would be an extremely dangerous prospect. Same problem with Scrambler hit and runs.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2013, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 05:22 AM by ElPared.)
I like idea of a Random team that has a random base so you actually have an advantage by choosing random, yes, but I don't like the "you're committed to your team when you spawn a special" idea, it just makes choosing your team completely conditional instead of making you stick to a strategy no matter what.

I also think there should be color choices. I want to have Green units in 1vs1 instead of just 2vs2, it kinda sucks our only color options in 1vs1 are blue and red. I''d totally play Green Feedback or Yellow Adorables. A random button could also have a random color too, which I think would be fun

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome