Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
08-17-2013, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 12:27 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament
(08-16-2013 01:35 PM)Qlearn Wrote:  Sign me up!
GC: qbmlMexico
Clan: iPro
Cheers

Hola Qlearn.

Citando la regla #1:

Quote:1. Each member has to be officially in a clan, showing his logo team on his profile.

Entra al clan iPro oficialmente para poder inscribirte formalmente.

(08-16-2013 11:33 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  tl;dr: please read all of this.

I did. Thanks for your suggestion

(08-17-2013 12:52 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I'd like to suggest that one or more of these be done:
* minimize the number of gameplay modes (each a tournament by themself). Ideally 1 mode.
* for each mode, create a new tournament thread. This should make it easier to track what is going on and reduces the risk of the entire tournament if 1 or 2 modes stall or die.
* 1 or 2 rounds for each game mode. Round-robin might be fine since we only have a handful of clans. Or some kind of partial round-robin.

Look at the history of tournaments in this forum. Most don't finish. The more complex it is, the more likely it won't finish. Clan tournaments are probably harder to keep going than individual ones. To me, this clan tournament looks like quite a bit more than the last one Gfish hosted and that one died.

Thanks for your suggestion. For each one I might have a answer though.

* I won't minimize the number of gameplay modes, but I will minimize the number of matches.

* Quoting the note number 4. "When the matches are about to start, each clan vs clan will have a thread I'll create to put their results. For example: One called "Anonymous clan vs Good Game team results" and "Anonymous clan vs Ice Blood Bullet results"." One thread shall be created per clan war.

* Once I know the number of clans, I'll rearrange the rounds.

* And yeah, I kind of know the history. There might be different reasons why a tourney dies though. But if we start a tournament thinking of all the death tournaments, that should cheer us up to make a good one that can finish well. If we think the simplest thing, we could just do a 4 players tournament and that's it. It'd finish and would be easier. But that's not the idea. The thing is that the community has to cooperate to finish the tournament, and of course the organizer too. I'm trying to put things in order so we can happily finish this. I'll send private messages, create threads and so on. Let's see.

Your attention PLEASE:

- Each leader has to confirm their leadership by posting for example "I'll be the leader of Good Game Clan"
- Each clan should create a thread for this tournament in their private forum, and I also invite all the participants to be subscribed to that thread.
- Signups will be accepted until the next Tuesday 11:59 PM whatever time zone. That is 08/20/2013
- After that Tuesday, the number of matches will be rearranged as soon as possible and they will be published on Friday 08/23/2013. The clan war threads (notes and indications will be added on each one) should be created on Saturday 08/24/2013 hopefully, so we can set the players to play in each mode.
- AGAIN I need Anonymous and Wolfpack clan to tell me who their leader will be

Thanks for reading. (This post was sent to some participants via private message)

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - jesusfuentesh - 08-17-2013 10:36 AM