Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
08-10-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 10:22 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - sharping and sharing the knowledge [Updated 08/10/13]
(08-10-2013 04:25 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Rule 5: if the winner loses the link, he ends up forfeiting? That seems strange. Here's an interesting scenario: player A beats Player B. player A loses the link. player A says to be B 'hey, be a good sport and put the link up'. Player B, who's a bit of a douche, says no. Then player A comes on the forum and says "hey, Player B won the game, but he lost the link, so I guess I win because he forfeits'. How can player B prove him wrong, unless he brings forward the link showing that he lost? Just a thought.

If player A says "Hey, player B won the game but he lost the link". Player B shall be the winner automatically since his very same opponent is stating that he won. (That's what typed up there). A discussion is over when the opponent says that the other player is the winner. Anyway, some players may take a screeshot on their game list when the match is over. Just in case. There are a lot of apps to save notes. He can also save the replay on OSN. Those options would be very appropiated for a cautious person. If the winner wasn't that prundent in doing something to prove the victory, he would forfeit sadly.

You know in this world happens many unjust things just because people weren't prudent.

- "Do not recieve any help when you are at a Automatic Teller Machine"
- may I help you buddy?
- Sure.
- Oh I was stolen. Why me!!!!??

Ingenuousness and evil. The thief stole, which is a bad thing. The guy paid for his ingenuousness and better a leason learned. But he lost the money in the end anyway

Conclusion: The winner is the most interested player to post the result. The opponent can post it too if he wants to cooperate.

(08-10-2013 04:25 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Rule 10: this could take awhile, unless the two teams clan leaders can find a time to bang it out simultaneously. I'm just thinking if some people post on the forums once or twice a day, it there's 20 matches per matchup, that could take 20 odd days just to set the matches.

Yes this might take a while if the leaders are too lazy. We can set a time of 2 days (for example) to set the order of all the players to play. When the 2nd day comes, and we have no answer. They shall be set randomly
(08-10-2013 04:25 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Also, are there any rules concerning how often each team member has to play? By my count, there are 20 1v1s and 4 2v2s, which is 28 slots per team. If youre looking at 11+ players per team, do you have to use everyone at least twice? At most three times?

Yes. Look for the 1st red letters in the post
(08-10-2013 04:25 PM)amoffett Wrote:  For the AvE team match, this isn't going to start until the rest of the matches have finished? This seems like out of all the matches will be the real time killer (the turn limit is 3 times as long), and I would think you'd want to start it earlier. If each team is P1 once, I wouldn't think it'd be a big deal to choose the P1s randomly, or let the team with the pick of the first player in the whole back and forth thing not get first pick at the map.

Duh, that was my plan at the beginnig, but I considered the time. I just forgot to remove that part about who is P1. There are two matches in that mode. One of them shall start as soon as we start the tournament. The another, when we finish the first. Thanks
(08-10-2013 04:25 PM)amoffett Wrote:  The only thing I don't like is that players can post screenshots and ask for advice for each individual game. I would prefer if the individual games were played on their own. I guess there's no way to ensure this, but each clan would be on the honour system I guess. I wouldn't like it if some clan had to face Poweewee 20 times or Mag!cguy 20 times. Let each clan member play for themselves, otherwise really what's the point of this thing?

If they are very good friends I can't avoid this. I can't either get to their private forum to check if they are posting screenshots. They could also even use a messenger if they want anyway. This is up to them and if they have time enough. This is not a big deal. I don't think they have plenty of time to share many things or move, even less for all the members, in such a case.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - sharping and sharing the knowledge [Updated 08/10/13] - jesusfuentesh - 08-10-2013 09:41 PM