Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
1st GG Clan Tourney (WINNER: Anonymous Clan) [Concluded]
08-21-2013, 03:48 AM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - (NEW ANNOUNCEMENT) [Updated 08/20/13]
(08-21-2013 03:44 AM)MonkeyBoy Wrote:  Sign me up. How we know we got sign up?

You have to post this:

Sign me up!
Gc: aklee453
Clan: Good Game

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 06:59 AM by MonkeyBoy.)
Sign me up to tournament. GC name is aklee453 and good game team

Sign me up to tournament. GC name is aklee453 and good game clan. Status active.
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Sign Me up!

GC: victor0531
Clan: Good Game League
08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
(08-21-2013 09:09 AM)vdsmith0531 Wrote:  Sign Me up!

Hi Victor. If you want to take part, first of all, you have to apply for a clan.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
(08-20-2013 10:32 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Question and possible concern:

Now that this is Round-Robin, am I right in interpreting that each clan is going to face every clan at the same time? As in 4 simultaneous clan wars per clan? That's a lot going on all at once, especially since that means each clan will have EIGHT "the meetings" going on at a time. This seems like it would be impossible to manage.

i agree. the play quality will suck too. we only have 6 members and this means each of us will have 12 games going on simultaneously. normally, i have no more than 5 active games.

although the meetings are in sequence, this also means these will be the long pole. assuming they are all 30-turn games with 3 days per turn and 4 games in sequence, the total is 1 year.
08-21-2013, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 11:34 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
(08-21-2013 10:09 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 10:32 PM)amoffett Wrote:  Question and possible concern:

Now that this is Round-Robin, am I right in interpreting that each clan is going to face every clan at the same time? As in 4 simultaneous clan wars per clan? That's a lot going on all at once, especially since that means each clan will have EIGHT "the meetings" going on at a time. This seems like it would be impossible to manage.

i agree. the play quality will suck too. we only have 6 members and this means each of us will have 12 games going on simultaneously. normally, i have no more than 5 active games.

although the meetings are in sequence, this also means these will be the long pole. assuming they are all 30-turn games with 3 days per turn and 4 games in sequence, the total is 1 year.

Each player will be able to play up to 5 matches simultaneously, if and only if he wants to play more than 5, it's up to him. If he wants to play only 2 matches, he can. He only has to let it know on the clan-war thread so their opponents may know.

As for the time this tournament may take. I guess you didn't expect one month for a CLAN TOURNAMENT. The time will depend on how much the participants cooperate by playing their matches as soon as possible.

The time this may take won't depend on the host of the tournament. It's not my fault either this game allows a long timelimit per turn, and players want to play lazily.

Advices are usually better than criticisms btw.

If there is anything else, let me know and I'll make it clear.

Your attention PLEASE:

- The clan-war threads have been published. So, the leaders can arrange all the matches from now on. Once all the matches are set, we can start playing until finishing.
- Each clan should create a thread for this tournament in their private forum, and I also invite all the participants to be subscribed to that thread.
- Only people who has recently joined a clan will still have chance to sign up.
- A rule #14 was added
- Please, cooperate with the time so this tournament can finish as soon as possible. The time it takes will depend on your cooperation. Thanks

Clan-war thread links:
- Anonymous vs Good Game
- Wolfpack vs Anonymous
- Anonymous vs Diamond
- iPro vs Anonymous
- Good Game vs Wolfpack
- Diamond vs Good Game
- Good Game vs iPro
- Wolfpack vs Diamond
- iPro vs Wolfpack
- Diamond vs iPro

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-22-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: 1st Good Game Clan Tournament - (CLAN WARS PUBLISHED) [Updated 08/21/13]
Last-minute change suggestion:

Currently, each clan has 4 group games: 2 on Sweet Tooth as P1, 2 on Sweet Tooth as P2. We could change that to make some of the games on Glitch instead:

- Anonymous vs Good Game Sweet Tooth
- Wolfpack vs Anonymous Glitch
- Anonymous vs Diamond Glitch
- iPro vs Anonymous Sweet Tooth
- Good Game vs Wolfpack Sweet Tooth
- Diamond vs Good Game Glitch
- Good Game vs iPro Glitch
- Wolfpack vs Diamond Sweet Tooth
- iPro vs Wolfpack Glitch
- Diamond vs iPro Sweet Tooth

This way, everyone has one game on Sweet Tooth as P1, one on Sweet Tooth as P2, one on Glitch as P1 and one on Glitch as P2.

08-22-2013, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 12:51 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
(08-22-2013 12:33 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Last-minute change suggestion:

Currently, each clan has 4 group games: 2 on Sweet Tooth as P1, 2 on Sweet Tooth as P2. We could change that to make some of the games on Glitch instead:

- Anonymous vs Good Game Sweet Tooth
- Wolfpack vs Anonymous Glitch
- Anonymous vs Diamond Glitch
- iPro vs Anonymous Sweet Tooth
- Good Game vs Wolfpack Sweet Tooth
- Diamond vs Good Game Glitch
- Good Game vs iPro Glitch
- Wolfpack vs Diamond Sweet Tooth
- iPro vs Wolfpack Glitch
- Diamond vs iPro Sweet Tooth

This way, everyone has one game on Sweet Tooth as P1, one on Sweet Tooth as P2, one on Glitch as P1 and one on Glitch as P2.

Sounds cool. I agree. I'll update them as soon as possible.

It's done. Please, tell me if you see something wrong. I have to leave for work.

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
08-22-2013, 10:44 AM
(08-21-2013 09:09 AM)vdsmith0531 Wrote:  Sign Me up!

Hey buddy, just like Jesus said. You have to formally join a clan to join the clan tournament. If your interested, each clan has a thread that outlines how to apply (usually a pretty simple process). But it'd be worth looking into what each clan looks for in applicants and what they do as a clan to see which one you'd be most interested in.

Super-Titan 1v1, 2v2 with jesusfuentesh
08-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Regarding the posting of the lineups, is there any disadvantage to say, just posting all our players for all the matchups at the same time? For example,

poweewee Think Quickly #1
wildt4lon Think Quickly #2
poweewee Think Quickly #3
Pastil Think Quickly #4,

etc.? I just think this would save a lot of time.

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament