Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broken system
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
RE: Broken system
(07-10-2012 09:41 PM)Burnsyrocks Wrote:  I mean i love the game and all, and i know the devs are under a heap of stress, but its getting frustrating... Has anyone else been demoted like this?

Yes there have been demotions like yours. I haven't even finished my second run of 5 placement matches yet because more than half of my games saw their last activity over a day ago.

What I'd like to know from you is this: are you annoyed by your new league because:
a) you miss the prestige that comes with Master League?
b) you feel that being in Clever League is below your skill and you'll be stomping opponents left and right which isn't fun to you?
c) Clever League is just below Master League and you feel cheated?

I haven't had any hand in designing and developing the skill rating system used in Outwitters, but based on my knowledge of these classifier systems from my computer science study, I am hardly surprised by these things. The loss of data from the two recent resets is unfortunate, but one thing you have to keep in mind is this: the rating system is a set of rules and procedures - it has no gut feeling or intuition and it is overrun with tens of thousands of players with hardly any prior knowledge (there were beta testers, which were known to the system). And it's supposed to put these strangers into groups of similar skill.
That's an impossible task for any human to be frank - and it's still quite daunting for a computer.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Broken system - Burnsyrocks - 07-10-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: Broken system - Kamikaze28 - 07-10-2012 09:52 PM
RE: Broken system - Burnsyrocks - 07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Broken system - whoTookYoste?! - 07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Broken system - Kamikaze28 - 07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
RE: Broken system - whoTookYoste?! - 07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Broken system - Harti - 07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Broken system - Burnsyrocks - 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
RE: Broken system - stevewastaken - 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM