Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on Outwitters
07-11-2012, 05:24 PM
RE: A few thoughts on Outwitters
I tend to play my games to the end, even those that I am gonna loose. If I can see that I am gonna loose in the next turn, I think it is only fair for my opponent to have a "real" victory. If it just seems like it is going downhill, no reason to resign because you might live longer than you think. I have had several games where the tide turned very quickly. So don't give up too early Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
(07-11-2012 09:43 AM)Sichas Wrote:  Hey thanks for the kind words! Hoping some of the developers see it (are you one? You seem to be everywhere) and consider it a bit Smile
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm just a beta tester and a forum enthusiast.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
(07-11-2012 05:24 PM)yasw Wrote:  I tend to play my games to the end, even those that I am gonna loose. If I can see that I am gonna loose in the next turn, I think it is only fair for my opponent to have a "real" victory. If it just seems like it is going downhill, no reason to resign because you might live longer than you think. I have had several games where the tide turned very quickly. So don't give up too early Smile

Totally agree. Personally, I like getting that final hit on my opponent after all my hard work getting there. Nothing worse than eagerly awaiting your next turn to pull off the final hit, only to hear the cutesy "You win" at the game list denying you that pleasure, courtesy of the white-flagger. =[

And yeah, who knows what mistake your opponent might make that lets you back into the game? Never. Give. Up.
07-12-2012, 04:39 AM
In chess you tip your king when you know you're about to lose.

Your opponent might not get quite as much satisfaction as getting to say checkmate... but, its a gentlemen's game, respect for the opponent, all of that.

Outwitters is more lighthearted and not face to face but I think it's kind of a similar thing. Why make the loser suffer the indignity of watching his base explode?

Obviously it's not a big deal either way.
07-15-2012, 12:21 AM
(07-12-2012 04:39 AM)Sakiehl Wrote:  In chess you tip your king when you know you're about to lose.

Your opponent might not get quite as much satisfaction as getting to say checkmate... but, its a gentlemen's game, respect for the opponent, all of that.

Outwitters is more lighthearted and not face to face but I think it's kind of a similar thing. Why make the loser suffer the indignity of watching his base explode?

Obviously it's not a big deal either way.

I agree with this. Depending in the opponent I can see a defeat coming about 2-3 turns away. Why waste their time moving if I know I'm dead in the water? I send them a "GG" message and take my loss.

Then there are the people who play dirty the whole time, and then I do it just to spite them so they DON'T get the satisfaction Wink