Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Titan veggienaught?
07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Video Super Titan veggienaught?
Does anyone in super Titan have any replays where they win with bramble? I've been trying to rush bramble in gifted and it just seems to feed wits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 09:14 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Super Titan veggienaught?
you have to use it efficiently. try to position them in a way that benefits you. try to maintain a balance of spawning thorns and units unless you have a major advantage in wits where its acceptable to make inefficient kills to get an advantage in unit count, positioning and or map control. protect parent thorns? what else?
as for replays you can go to OSN and search for super titan veggienaut replays.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Check out the thread Gardening to the top. That's a ST playing vegs

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Also check out acameronp and Kee_23 on OSN - both top veggie players.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
07-25-2013, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 06:45 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
In my opinion the few poweewee's replays where he is veggie are the most relevant, because each time he totally overwhelms his opponent with bramble, it's extremely interesting to watch. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
(07-25-2013 06:44 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  In my opinion the few poweewee's replays where he is veggie are the most relevant, because each time he totally overwhelms his opponent with bramble, it's extremely interesting to watch. Smile

Thanks. Smile on certain maps they really are quite useful; on others just not playable.

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
07-25-2013, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 11:56 PM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Kee_23 and Acameronp both have good replays also.

Watch Kee_23 on some of his Skull Duggery games, where he unconventionally harasses the bottom wit spaces with his thorns and eventually wins (although not against Terence =P but who wins against Terence).

And Acameronp and Kee_23 both have done good early Reaper brambles.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
07-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Kee had that nice glitch bramble. I mean, he only brought it out his last turn, but he won the game xD

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-26-2013, 02:52 AM
Reaper is the easiest for me with bramble. Here's a decent league game:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yrd2qAww

I think bramble usage is the most map specific of all the specials. Where to place it and to spawn thorns to yield an advantage is harder. Maybe that is because I need more experience. While using veggies, if I get a map where I don't know how to use a bramble, I simply don't spawn it unless I see an opening where it really buys something.

For me, the hardest part of using the bramble is wit management. I usually find myself wit constrained with all of the thorn growth. You need regular units too so it becomes a balancing act of units, thorns, and wits for move/attack.

I'll probably be trying more bramble, but it definitely won't be my main. bramble vs. bramble sucks. I'm in a game right now with AaronInDayton and it is so slow - worse than scally vs. scally. When I'm fighting veggie vs. veggie I don't think I'll spawn a bramble anymore.
07-26-2013, 03:34 AM
i rarely ever post a replay so i imagine the vast majority of my replays are losses so maybe not very helpful.