Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So whats the deal with Divisions...
07-16-2013, 04:54 AM
So whats the deal with Divisions...
Why do divisions exist, what is their function?

I almost never play against my own division, but I appear to be ranked only against them. This doesnt make sense?

Why is a league split into divisions - shouldnt we be able to see overall rank from one league pool if we are playing against the whole league and not just our division? Or do the specific divisions indicate something about win loss ratio or something im missing?

so... why divisions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 05:00 AM
RE: So whats the deal with Divisions...
They don't indicate anything - they're just a grouping.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
07-16-2013, 05:04 AM
why group then? it makes the system hard to understand, Im ranked against a group I never play against. Not many sporting codes do that for their ranking ladders, or computer games for that matter. Kind of hard to know where u stand i guess.

why the decision to group, what purpose does it serve?
07-16-2013, 05:07 AM
It's mainly to divide up the players. Let's say there are 10000 people in Gifted. Having a large list of 10000 people isn't very helpful, so they broke it down into groups. Granted you don't necessarily play anyone in your group, but it can be viewed as a small perk to "win" your group for some people.

[Image: sig.png]
07-16-2013, 05:13 AM
Seeing one's rank out of 10000 would indeed be helpful, especially when you cqn see where the people u beat are placed in relation to yourself...

the current divisions give no information really, arbitrary groups of ppl you dont play against...

The internal matchmaker system must have more information like actual rank surely?
07-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Yea, that's where the hidden rank comes in. There are 2 ranking systems. The hidden ranks which is what is used for matchmaking, and the points system that you see in your profile.

We have no clue what the formula is for the hidden rank, but that is the important ranking system as that determines your level between gifted/master/super-titan.

The point system is merely a "fun" ranking that rewards you for playing more, hence getting more points for a win than for a loss.

[Image: sig.png]
07-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I think i got paired with group members before, probably cuz there are so many other players, your more likely to play with players outside of your division

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
07-16-2013, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 05:15 PM by ChiCoChi.)
(07-16-2013 06:25 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Yea, that's where the hidden rank comes in. There are 2 ranking systems. The hidden ranks which is what is used for matchmaking, and the points system that you see in your profile.

We have no clue what the formula is for the hidden rank, but that is the important ranking system as that determines your level between gifted/master/super-titan.

The point system is merely a "fun" ranking that rewards you for playing more, hence getting more points for a win than for a loss.

i always lose more points per loss than gain per win on average!

6 - 12 for win, 12 - 16 for a loss

this is the general trend anyways

if the points system is merely for fun, wouldnt it be more fun to see the true ranking? Arbitrary points, groups, offer little "fun" once you realise they are not the true rating... ( for me at least.)

Its kind of disappointing now i find i cannot see something simple as true ranking and win loss ratio etc, like they do with other online strategy games. We should be able to pay extra to see this, or even better it should have been standard.
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
you lose more points when youre higher up in the rankings.
its a bit hard to explain and it only applies if you get to the top 200.
i think the purpose of the 2 rankings is to rate both skill and activity.
its like an achievement if you can maintain a high skill rating and being at the top of your division.
a good example would be magicguy. he is in the top 10 and is also at the top of his division.
so even though he plays lots of games, he is consistent in skill enough that he can maintain his rank while being at the top of his division.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I really want to see the true (hidden) ranking of outwitters.

iPro Clan