Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gardening to the top.
07-27-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: Gardening to the top.
that would be the only thing that makes sense. I mean if they were actually gifted players it would be one thing but since thus far the people doing it (4 by my count) are all in the top 10 it seems kind of silly to waste time in Fluffy and Gifted and even master in some cases while they just mow through the lower ranks and simultaneously crush the hopes and dreams of other players.

To each their own and I am curious to see if anyone can crack the top with Veg because i certainly dont think I will be able to do it. Ive played about 230 Veg league games now all in ST and you get to a certain point and just hit a wall. but maybe those who are better will do better
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2013, 07:15 AM
funny how you should mention crushing the hopes and dreams of other players. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh okay, so you aren't aware of ForTheWin's first aim: figure out how many wins are required to go from low fluffy to super titan, top 50,20, etc Wink It was for phineas' will to gather a lot of stats and try to understand how all of this works. Then, read my quote again and you'll understand forthewin wasn't created not to tarnish my main account but to do a real experiment, that I'm still doing, and at the same time I experiment veggie, I don't see any problem with that. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
gotcha, well get to it then so many responses but so few replays. Maybe its just because I run through so many at a time but I am very eager to see some good veggie strategies. Ive narrowed down some very playable strategies and attacks with Veg on most maps but there are others where it is just hopeless.

SO whether its for an experiment of your own or to sadistically crush fluffies i just want to see some new stuff
08-01-2013, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 06:55 AM by bobolynx.)
Hey hey guys
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ysu_sAww
Here's the 2v2 bramble game! I nearly lost because of misclick but because of wit starving we survived
What are the maps that you guys think are hardest to work with veggies

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
08-01-2013, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 07:12 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Skull Duggery and War Garden seem very complicated for bramble to my mind, but I may prove wrong ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

08-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I think SkullDuggery is Ok, if you spawn a bramble really early. There are circumstances as well where War Garden may have a good use for the bramble. Sweet Tooth is probably the hardest one to use the bramble on.

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
08-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I had a VvV on Sweet Tooth that lasted 200+ turns. This was during all veggie workings, and it ended when my opponent accidentally retracted one of his very important parent thorns.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
08-05-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 06:13 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9_0Aww

I allowed my opponent to deal pretty much damage, but my bramble really managed to defend. He didn't play perfectly, but a ST would have retreated i guess, not attacked better.

This ability to create a new "unit" to be able to kill, e.g, a soldier even though your spawn has already been used to do something else is really awesome, and create a new unit to block the way (as I did when I created a thorn in front of my soldier so that his sniper couldn't kill it) too.

And three quick games without bramble used:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ytev1Aww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0NqABAw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YruzyAww

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

08-06-2013, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 08:34 AM by ElPared.)
I agree with Skull Duggery as one of Veggies' weakest maps. SFI too, but I've had some success with Bramble there and so far haven't found a good strategy for them on SD. War Garden I'm just bad in general at, so I couldn't say there.

I guess if you can choke that top corridor with a Bramble and then attack their wit spaces and low spawn you can win a slower game, but you'll have to deal with opposing players trying to hike a sniper up that corridor and slowly cutting back your thorns. A successful choke up top, though, could result in hogging their top spawn which is incredibly difficult to win back with only the bottom spawn, which is intriguing to me

I did have 1 game on SD a long time ago where my opponent tried to rush my low spawn and wit spaces and I held them off with a single 1 HP sniper the whole game. I wonder if a bramble placed 1 hex behind the wit spaces could be effective at wit starving/spawn hogging? and if so would it be worth it since your opponent is just going to attack the corridor and ignore the bottom half of the map?

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome