Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancement request: dry-run mode
07-16-2013, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 10:17 PM by Thrutchy.)
RE: Enhancement request: dry-run mode
99% of the time, I plan my my entire turn before doing anything. I use what I currently see, what I've seen in replays, speculation, and sometimes counting opponent wits. If I can, I start with plays that increase my vision and limit the vision of my opponent. If I find anything unexpected, I'll replan at that point. I assume this is standard procedure for a ST.

I'm talking about a tool to help with the mechanics of this planning. It would be the equivalent of brain simulated a turn. Information not available at the beginning of the turn (or the start of this mode) cannot be revealed (i.e. FoW contents, what are thorn children). It is only a dry-run and may not be actually playable.

This request is clearly a long shot. For me, I'd appreciate this improvement more than anything else because it reduces how much time I spend in a game. So, I thought I'd ask anyway.

Oh, and remember the wit for kill? To use all your wits in a big attack, you'll want to save one non-killing play until the end. Killing earlier can also give more vision. All moves first and then attack would many times not work well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enhancement request: dry-run mode - Thrutchy - 07-16-2013 10:02 PM