Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancement request: dry-run mode
07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: Enhancement request: dry-run mode
(07-15-2013 01:14 PM)bobolynx Wrote:  It would also let you have a "replay of your turn, in case you forget the specific position of a unit now hidden by fow

That's another enhancement, but I agree that is needed. IMO, the replay should just include the current turn. Bombshell splash damage into the FoW is the most frustrating because you only see that for a fraction of a second. Unlike my proposal in this thread which may be a bit controversial, this improvement seems like everybody would agree with.

(07-15-2013 07:01 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 12:10 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  
(07-15-2013 08:45 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  My thinking of dry run was like this:

(05-18-2013 11:38 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Instead of confirming every move, there could be a clear FoW button you could press anytime you want. So you could try moving units around but still be able to undo all of them because you didn't clear any of the FoW.

Yep, that sounds about the same as my first post in this thread. It has the same issues: results of attacks into the FoW or on thorns are not clear. Or were you proposing no attacks in this mode?

If you move a unit up to an enemy in the FoW, then you'd have to clear the FoW first to see it, and then you can attack it.

Attacking anything requires clearing the FoW.

"Clearing FoW" means committing to what you've done up to that point, right? So no attacks into FoW while in dry-run/frozen-FoW/undoable mode. That would work,but eliminate some planning (when you know or are fairly confident what is there). This also includes bombshell splash damage into the FoW. Thorn attacks with possible child thorns visible would not be allowed, right? I assume moving into the FoW would not be allowed either. Anything without an obvious result would not be allowed? That would simplify, but limit usefulness. Still a good enhancement.

I think you are also suggesting starting in a dry-run mode. I'd be ok with that, but you'll probably see backlash because it changes how people play now. I guess it could be a non-default option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enhancement request: dry-run mode - Thrutchy - 07-15-2013 10:05 PM