Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
10-26-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 07:09 PM by Jamay235.)
RE: Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
(10-26-2013 06:01 PM)Pastil* Wrote:  hahaha. TT every now and then is healthy for you

Right :-)

(10-26-2013 05:58 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  What? I don't see any pretentious post in this thread. I have never seen any pretentious behavior in this forum. If there is a game where the top players aren't boasting and considering all leagues under them as nooby, that's outwitters.
Jokes are jokes, here we were simply having fun about poweewee's rating being so high that he could not meet anyone in ladder.
If we are not a lot of people in this forum, that's because the game is not extremely popular, and a lot of people who play games are simply not involved enough in them to be active in their forums. It has nothing to do with our allegedly pretentious behavior, since there isn't any.

You say this forum is serious, in a thread composed only of jokes. And this one is not the only one. You talk about other threads, I am pretty curious to know which ones. There are clans which are very helpful to improve in this forum. There are people willing to help you in the need advices thread.

The best players of all time like LER4T, pharmafan, terence, alvendor, poweewee, are some of the most humble I have ever seen. Seriouslt jamay, you don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Well maybe you're taking it too personal :-). A lot of people (friends, players I met, and actual good players) think the same. I'm only speaking loudly for everyone myself included as I don't care about what someone will think when I give an opinion. I played a lot of games and went to a lot of forums. This isn't my first. Normally, forums have posts from everyone and are really eclectic (ranks, topics...). This one is kind of intimidating for a newbie because of the reasons I mentioned before... Same reasons people I met (while playing, on this forum and friends), don't come here. Sometimes they do, only as guests. So yes Mag!c I know what I'm talking about. Don't need to be rude. Sometimes it's good to have a distant look from different people^^. It's a constructive opinion to have more people playing this really nice game, not a declaration of war Wink. And this is strictly about the forum. And I'm not including all good players. :-).

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 08:32 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Show me one thread that you and your friend think is intidimating, boasting, pretentious, only-for-elite, and I'll believe you. I know you don't mean to be offensing. I don't take it personal. But you take jokes as serious stuff, you don't give any example to try to prove what you are saying, your accusations are clearly unjustified.
To be active in a forum, you obviously have not to be shy. A new member of diamond explained us he felt embarassed to ask us advices and participate in our forum, because he felt too newbie compared to us the "mighty players". That can be understandable, but that's only because of his shyness, and not because of us. He never said in his long post we were pretentious and only considered the top players. See, you came in this forum, you talked, you are not dead.

I have been through a lot of forums too, and I have been hyper active in them. Everytime it's the same: there are the players who are online extremely often, they now each other well, they joke, they have fun, they help each other, etc. And then there are the ones who either come less often, and still, they are not rejected at all, on the contrary, or the newbies, the ones who want to integrate the community, and they will always do it, because every player who is now known in the forum came by the step "newbie". Everyone did.
Some here like awpertunity are here from before outwitters even got released, but, as for myself, I came much much later. I was clever, and I slowly spoke more and more, made friends. I didn't hesitate to ask the top players to play with me, to ask them advices directly when I felt they weren't annoyed by it. And no one treated me as a poor noob. You and your friends have no real reason to be scared by the forum, only feelings that are here because they didn't even try to be active there and only judged by the post they read, and couldn't always understand.
In the official forum of starcraft 2, almos everytime a silver/gold/platinum talks about strategy, everyone tells him "stfu you are only gold. No skill no talk." Even when the thread isn't necessarly about strategy of the game, the low league player are not as listened and respected as the top ones. But that is a fact. Not my feeling, it is true, it happens everyday. In this forum, nothing like that ever happened. If we post our replays to osn, if we make commentaries of our games, if we talk strategy, it's not only for our personal pleasure. I can't speak for everyone, but I think all the top will agree with me. We would welcome any newbie, any fluffy, as long as he is motivated and friendly, and help him as much as we can. This is why I don't understand your point of view, not at all.

Edit: anyway sorry for being too rude, this is the way I act when I face things I completely disagree with on forums (not irl obviously). I'll try (and need) to change Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM
First, I won't show anything as it will go against what I think it's wrong. It will imply names etc... I don't want that, it will be worst. I'm sure you can understand that. Maybe privately yes. If it stays private.

Second, I don't take jokes as serious stuffs, it's just that this thread was the perfect caricature of what a lot of people feel when coming here. So doors were open for me to say what I think. I'm the first one to laugh or joke when it's possible. This has nothing to do with it. I don't see accusations in what I wrote, only a kind of reminder of the importance of humility^^ to be able for some people not to feel embarrassed when coming here.

Yes, I came, I talked (sometimes alone lol), and I'm not dead. I even have the guts to write down this. You're right, this is because it's my personality. I'm not shy at all to express opinions and ask for help. You already know that as I asked you for help before and you helped me. But I know I'm an exception. Even some ST won't talk like I just did.

You gave the example of Starcraft. Well, it might be true, still they don't have the same need for players that this game has. Waiting for people not shy to come across will take a lot of time. Some points are not about the players. Others are. Why just not giving them the place they need by being inviting, humble, helping and polite. I'm not saying that people are not polite, that won't be true. The three other points, well, are debatable. "Inviting" is a huge lack here. "Humble" for some players it's really debatable. "Helping", this is surely not your problem as you gave your name to help people. Not all are like you on this point. Even at my level, I'm helping some people too.

Talking about strategy is not the problem. I never mentioned that. So I won't comment on this.

Some or all "tops" might agree with you Wink, it won't change the fact that a lot of players don't come here because of the reasons I gave above. You want proofs like we were talking about a scientific experience. Well it's a feeling. Not mine only. It depends on the emotivity of each person. Despite of this feeling, I'm still here and will stay. Again, others won't.

If you want your talent to be more recognize or if you want more challenge, let's attract more people. If we want this game to be known as it should be, let's try the more we can. If we want the game to have more budget to improve, go ahead. That's all.

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
10-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Well, if you could tell me in private more precise stuff, I would really appreciate it. And you can trust me for letting it private. We don't seem to be aware of this, and telling a general fact that we can't agree on because there is no example can't help. ^^

Well, you wrote a reminder for humility, and I don't see anywhere a lack of humility among us, that's why I would really like real fact, to show I was wrong.

What do you mean by "inviting"? I mean, what should the forum and the people in it do so that new players aren't embarassed? I really don't get it. We are here, we talk, nothing more, nothing less.

As for "helping", you will never find a community where everyone helps each other. There will always be helping hands, and more silent top players. As long as there is a good amount of people willing to give precious tips and so on, it's cool. And "humble" well you know what I, for now, think about it.

I don't understand your last sentence. How are we supposed to do all of this?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-26-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 10:27 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(10-26-2013 06:09 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  Scoff I was never fluffy or clever.

I started in clever. i quit my first 2 placement games to start new ones cause i grew tired of waiting.
hehe.. this is probably the only forum where telling someone they are clever isnt a compliment. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-26-2013, 11:06 PM
(10-26-2013 08:41 PM)Jamay235 Wrote:  ...The three other points, well, are debatable. "Inviting" is a huge lack here. "Humble" for some players it's really debatable. "Helping", this is surely not your problem as you gave your name to help people. Not all are like you on this point. Even at my level, I'm helping some people too.

Hi Jamai,
I do agree that a positive attitude is important for a forum like this but at the same time I think this forum very much represents what you are asking for. Of course wherever real people get together there will be cases of problematic behavior but.... well, thats life, isn't it? We are all human... with all our errors... aren't we?

In fact I believe this forum is indeed a very friendly place and nobody needs to be afraid for being harassed. I started out in clever league and I have been posting replays asking for advice and have never felt embarrassed or offended by any comment from anyone.

For anyone not comfortable to speak out in general public we have closed communities, the clans and most clans are open to applicants on any skill level and happy to support newbies to step up their strength as players.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
10-26-2013, 11:34 PM
(10-26-2013 07:33 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  To be active in a forum, you obviously have not to be shy. A new member of diamond explained us he felt embarassed to ask us advices and participate in our forum, because he felt too newbie compared to us the "mighty players". That can be understandable, but that's only because of his shyness, and not because of us. He never said in his long post we were pretentious and only considered the top players.

Haha, well this was me and so I'll definitely second this post. All the top players I've seen post have never truly been pretentious and many of them are very willing to help any new (or old) player with advice on games (and are very friendly). The top players making jokes like this post in my opinion simply show the strength of the community. The fact that these people can speak like this to each other just shows that they have relatively strong bonds and relationships and it makes you want to join them and become a part of that too (well at least for me). I feel that it's definitely true that the top players (and majority of forum posters in general) have done their absolute best being friendly, inviting and very willing to do whatever they can to help improve their community, so I'm not really sure what exactly can be done to further improve this.

10-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Seems I was not so wrong in my posts, that's cool to see!

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Fluffy for life. Fluffy League

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

10-27-2013, 02:53 AM
(10-26-2013 11:50 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Seems I was not so wrong in my posts, that's cool to see!

Yes people are friendly. Never read something mean. Though, I still think the atmosphere could be improved. I think I was one of many Jamay was talking about. Hard to come public about it when you think she's right. I think she is. I read boasting comments. Even here in this thread. Enough to tell me that I'll still play. I read the forum yes. Participate? Not yet. Hope this will close this non necessary battle here. She spoke the truth. Didn't insult anyone and stayed polite. Some things might be interpreted in the wrong way.

GCID: S59200 Gifted League