Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
10-26-2013, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 08:32 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
Show me one thread that you and your friend think is intidimating, boasting, pretentious, only-for-elite, and I'll believe you. I know you don't mean to be offensing. I don't take it personal. But you take jokes as serious stuff, you don't give any example to try to prove what you are saying, your accusations are clearly unjustified.
To be active in a forum, you obviously have not to be shy. A new member of diamond explained us he felt embarassed to ask us advices and participate in our forum, because he felt too newbie compared to us the "mighty players". That can be understandable, but that's only because of his shyness, and not because of us. He never said in his long post we were pretentious and only considered the top players. See, you came in this forum, you talked, you are not dead.

I have been through a lot of forums too, and I have been hyper active in them. Everytime it's the same: there are the players who are online extremely often, they now each other well, they joke, they have fun, they help each other, etc. And then there are the ones who either come less often, and still, they are not rejected at all, on the contrary, or the newbies, the ones who want to integrate the community, and they will always do it, because every player who is now known in the forum came by the step "newbie". Everyone did.
Some here like awpertunity are here from before outwitters even got released, but, as for myself, I came much much later. I was clever, and I slowly spoke more and more, made friends. I didn't hesitate to ask the top players to play with me, to ask them advices directly when I felt they weren't annoyed by it. And no one treated me as a poor noob. You and your friends have no real reason to be scared by the forum, only feelings that are here because they didn't even try to be active there and only judged by the post they read, and couldn't always understand.
In the official forum of starcraft 2, almos everytime a silver/gold/platinum talks about strategy, everyone tells him "stfu you are only gold. No skill no talk." Even when the thread isn't necessarly about strategy of the game, the low league player are not as listened and respected as the top ones. But that is a fact. Not my feeling, it is true, it happens everyday. In this forum, nothing like that ever happened. If we post our replays to osn, if we make commentaries of our games, if we talk strategy, it's not only for our personal pleasure. I can't speak for everyone, but I think all the top will agree with me. We would welcome any newbie, any fluffy, as long as he is motivated and friendly, and help him as much as we can. This is why I don't understand your point of view, not at all.

Edit: anyway sorry for being too rude, this is the way I act when I face things I completely disagree with on forums (not irl obviously). I'll try (and need) to change Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played? - Mag!cGuy - 10-26-2013 07:33 PM