Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for a new Outwitters
07-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Ideas for a new Outwitters
Hey guys, I believe that some small matters should be placed inside the game to make players feel happier and give them something to achieve.

1) Top improved players, well you know we have the Top 200 list, why not a Top 20 most improved list every week?
Lets say XXX is at fuffly league, however in that same week, he was promoted to Gifted. So why not put him in the weekly improved list? It is good to see some new faces rather than the same old top players ( no offense Tongue )

2) Weekly Top 5 clutch plays, well this is simple. Lets say YYY's base is at 1hp and the enemy is at 5hp. However YYY managed to win the game even with the disadvantage. So lets put him in the Top 5 plays!

I hope the developers can do something about these ideas, they are not really difficult to include. More to come, support me lolz

[Image: sig.png][Image: 8xsh7n.jpg]

Awesome signature made by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 09:04 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Ideas for a new Outwitters
I don't see any interest in the second idea, having one's base at 1hp is far from meaning you are in a bad position. Each time I have my base so low, I know I'm gonna win, because the opponent suicided many units and spent many wits to achieve this.
And, if the opponent could have won but did an error which allowed the 1hp´player to win, the awesomness of the replay is seriously decreased! A showcased replay must have a certain level, and it's already the case with the replay of the week. A top 5 would be too much!

I like your first idea though, but it would be extremely complicated for alex and adam. It's not a basic ranking since a master could be top 4 whereas a gifted could be top 1, following your example. So adam/alex would have to check aaaaal hidden rating skills to see who increased the most? Impossible.

As for something to achieve, I think promotion is the only and big enough thing to motivate players. Your aim when you play leaguegames is to improve and go higher in the rankings = be promoted, simply. ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
07-04-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 09:05 PM by TheQwertiest.)
its a bit hard to guage "improved".
and also on your second idea. theyd have to check every replay to look for clutch plays?
and i wouldnt exactly call having less hp on the base a disadvantage. in fact, imo, its an advantage.
it means your opponent just used up wits attacking your base instead of your units.
oops. magicguy beat me to it

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-15-2013, 12:36 AM
(07-04-2013 09:02 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I like your first idea though, but it would be extremely complicated for alex and adam. It's not a basic ranking since a master could be top 4 whereas a gifted could be top 1, following your example. So adam/alex would have to check aaaaal hidden rating skills to see who increased the most? Impossible.

New-ish to this but you mean Alex/Adam have to watch every game very week to determine something like the highlighted "Game of the Week"?
07-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Ofc not, they check the super titan thread or they go in the ST section is OSN ^^

But, if they had to do nezo's idea, they would have to check everyone's rating skill, yeah

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

07-15-2013, 01:42 AM
I think they check recent threads, and if one has a few positive comments about it, they'll look into it.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-15-2013, 01:48 AM
Heh if they do bother to check some lower league replays, we might just see some gem strategy being uncovered. Smile
07-15-2013, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013 01:53 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(07-15-2013 01:48 AM)Spillblood Wrote:  Heh if they do bother to check some lower league replays, we might just see some gem strategy being uncovered. Smile

Hem.. I don't think so. ^^'
There are indeed special rushes you see only in gifted/low master league, but they work because the opponent isn't so good, not because of the rush itself. Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

07-15-2013, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately, that is pretty true. However, some ST matches are incredibly boring because they play so well. It's so methodical.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
07-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Indeed doodat, but if you look at it, all top 10 players are really agressive. Except, hum.. *terence* Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)