Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems Compounded by Other Problems
07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: Problems Compounded by Other Problems
I believe that is the point of wanting shorter (3 day) time out. 

This makes is so that the people who would like to sit down and play the game are able to so at a higher rate  instead of having multiple games being held up for days at a time. 
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
(07-11-2012 09:16 AM)MarkH Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 09:04 AM)k.dot Wrote:  I can't start a new game because all 20 slots are taken up by people that have ran away on vacation!

It's a fun game, I'd like to be able to pick it up and play it when I feel. I don't think that's taking anything too seriously. However, supporting a 7 day per turn system means you take the ranking seriously, so serious in fact that you rate it as more important than the ability of others to actually play the game.

Well I have 15-20 games running all the time and after 1-2 hours I always have 2-4 turn to do. This is a async multiplayer game. You cannot sit down and play this for hours straight (or just buddy up with someone who likes the same playing style). For me, this is not a flaw but a merit of this game. I strongly believe that after like 10 days after the relase date we will see a huge decrease of this issue as those will drop out who are not really interested in the game.
Besides, I am not against tweaking taking turns and make the game more playable for hardcore gamers who want to have active turns 24/7 Wink But I do think there are way better options to do so than to drastically decrease turn time for everyone.

This!
I like the pace of the game. I can be casual but still competetive. Which not many games offer. But i still think a decrease from 7 to 4 was a smart move.
07-11-2012, 10:21 PM
(07-11-2012 08:04 PM)Khelmuthman Wrote:  This!
I like the pace of the game. I can be casual but still competetive. Which not many games offer. But i still think a decrease from 7 to 4 was a smart move.

Yeah I think four days might be a good compromise.
07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Players should have to earn new game slots, so some people can't just come in and waste 20 other people's time. So only if you actually play properly, you would get the extra slots, when you need them.
07-11-2012, 10:57 PM
That's a pretty interesting idea hubdub.

We're discussing ways to go about it, but we'll probably be doubling game slots to anyone that's bought something. Should accomplish the same thing, since "invested" players will be taking the game more seriously. It makes business sense for us, because every turn taken costs us money for using the servers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 04:07 AM by Mowmail.)
I think a lot of people are taking this way to serious. That "what if I go on vacation" guy is a perfect example. 
[/quote]

Well I am on vacation, but am addicted to this game!
Also great idea thread, would defiantly want some of i
The ideas listed in this thread implemented in this game.
07-12-2012, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 04:30 AM by Sakiehl.)
Can we keep the number of league games limited to 20 (but allow 20 or however more additional casual games)?

I would like to feel like I have a fighting chance in the leagues but will never be able to play constantly 24/7.

Keeping the number of concurrent league games to a reasonable limit would mean that quantity of games played won't determine the leader boards as much as quality (a good win-loss record).
07-12-2012, 04:52 AM
I wanna thank you guys for lowering the limit. You cleared out 5 or 6 games for me this morning. And will be clearing out another 5 or so over the next day and a half.
07-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Thanks from me too!