Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems Compounded by Other Problems
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 03:22 PM by stevewastaken.)
Problems Compounded by Other Problems
20 Games at a time is not enough. (HA ran into this issue early too, and corrected it early. Follow in those foot steps)

I read that you are considering only raising this cap for paying players. As a paying player, I don't think that's a good idea. There's lots of opportunities to increase profits with a game like this. I don't think this is one of those opportunities.

^This problem is compounded by...

7 Days is too long to forfeit a League match. Random matches is fine to wait 7 Days, because Random is supposed to be casual.

For League games you should shorten this timer to 5, or even as little as 3 days. OR Set it up so that the timer gets shorter as you move up the league ladder. So Fluffy gets 7 days, Clever 6, Gifted 5, Master 4, Super Titan 3. This way if you are super casual and in Fluffy, you can still get 7 days to be your casual self. Then as you get more and more competitive, you are expected to play in a more and more competitive time-frame.

^But even 7 Days in Random or Fluffy matches is too long when the problem is compounded by...

Forfeiting should be available ALWAYS, not only during your own turn. This is basic, super important, and needs to happen asap. I don't see a single reason why it shouldn't be this way.

^That lack of Forfeiting brings us around full circle to the fact that 20 matches is not enough, when you can't get out of them.

(I know all these issues have been brought up at one point or another. I just wanted to point out how each of them is compounded by the other.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: Problems Compounded by Other Problems
3 days is plenty generous for league play
07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I AGREE WITH EVERYHTING IN HERE!
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Agreed with everything said. I would even suggest 24-48 hours for league matches considering how quick matches can be, although 3 days would probably be a good compromise.
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree with always having the forfeit ability. And I also think it's not that 20 games is not enough, I think the root of all this is because of the time it takes for people to come back to games. I agree with posts in many other threads about being able to choose if you would like to battle an opponent that is willing to have a 24 hr, 48 hr or 1 week "thinking time".
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
(07-10-2012 04:01 PM)mkaen Wrote:  Twenty games seems like plenty for all but the most hardcore players.

If this is really true, it would not hurt to increase the limit. But, perhaps players should have to show some kind of responsibility (finishing a certain number of games) before they are given this increased limit, instead of automatically enabling it on purchase.

Because, there is always the risk that some player starts 100 games for fun and ends up being really slow just because he can't cope. Or many players doing this and making the game slower for everyone (not because of server, but because it takes longer to play) It is different to play a game when it is just out and you are extra enthusiastic about it.

I really like the separate idea of allowing a Live Play option. A cool thing might be to play two simultaneous game against the same opponent on the same map, taking P1 in one game and P2 in the other, with a fixed turn limit (45 secs, 60 secs?, probably needs to be a player setting).
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM
(07-10-2012 04:49 PM)Cookie Wrote:  Because, there is always the risk that some player starts 100 games for fun and ends up being really slow just because he can't cope.

Well 100 is too high of a cap. Hero Academy had tons of complains with a 20 game cap, then raised it to 35 and have virtually no complaints.

So I'd say 35 sounds like a good start. (maybe bonus after that for pay players, like OML suggested might be happening)
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
(07-10-2012 03:16 PM)stevewastaken Wrote:  For League games you should shorten this timer to 5, or even as little as 3 days. OR Set it up so that the timer gets shorter as you move up the league ladder. So Fluffy gets 7 days, Clever 6, Gifted 5, Master 4, Super Titan 3. This way if you are super casual and in Fluffy, you can still get 7 days to be your casual self. Then as you get more and more competitive, you are expected to play in a more and more competitive time-frame.

Player in Clever League gets matched to player in Gifted League - should they get different auto-forfeit timers?

I cannot deny these problems and I suffer with you all, but once again: OML is a 2 man studio and they are probably in a caffeine-induced frenzy right now fixing bugs left and right. They have tens of thousands of players rushing to Outwitters - with a beta of at most 100 people, stuff was bound to go wrong. In my oponion, they're handling it quite well.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
(07-10-2012 05:11 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 03:16 PM)stevewastaken Wrote:  For League games you should shorten this timer to 5, or even as little as 3 days. OR Set it up so that the timer gets shorter as you move up the league ladder. So Fluffy gets 7 days, Clever 6, Gifted 5, Master 4, Super Titan 3. This way if you are super casual and in Fluffy, you can still get 7 days to be your casual self. Then as you get more and more competitive, you are expected to play in a more and more competitive time-frame.

Player in Clever League gets matched to player in Gifted League - should they get different auto-forfeit timers?

I cannot deny these problems and I suffer with you all, but once again: OML is a 2 man studio and they are probably in a caffeine-induced frenzy right now fixing bugs left and right. They have tens of thousands of players rushing to Outwitters - with a beta of at most 100 people, stuff was bound to go wrong. In my oponion, they're handling it quite well.

Lol this is very true, but I don't think we're trying to fry them out, more let them know how we feel and so far, they seem extremely responsive which is awesome. With that being said, I would think these are more of requests, not demands.

So my 2 cents,
I wish I could quit my friendly games where it's the other player's turn and he hasn't moved for 3 days as well. I also agree that 3 days is generous for a league game.
07-10-2012, 05:37 PM
(07-10-2012 05:11 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Player in Clever League gets matched to player in Gifted League - should they get different auto-forfeit timers?

I suppose with that system you could have the timer be whoever has the longest timer is the timer everyone gets. So Fluffy vs. Clever, both players would get the 7 days.

And I definitely applaud OML thus far. Out of the box, Outwitters offers more game for less money than HA. And launch has been a success for the most part. This thread is meant purely as feedback, which I am certain OML welcomes.