Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polyglotism
07-04-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Polyglotism
Indeed, english is obliged, then we have a secobd language that is obliged too, havin the choice betwen german and spanish. Arabic was an option, that I will stop next year (I mean, scholar year) because the teacher is so damn bad!!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 08:58 PM
You guys are lucky. In our schools here, everyone takes the same classes at the same time all throughout high school and sadly no other language classes other than english.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Are you talking about public school or private school or both?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
(07-04-2013 06:49 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 11:01 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  I get 6 different languages on my school :/

Really? Where do you go to school Gfish?

Well, that's pretty much top tier high school in the Netherlands. In the first year, you start off with Dutch, English, French and Latin. Next year (where I am now), you'll get German and ancient Greek on top of that. You'll have to survive that until the fourth year, where you have to keep one of German/French and one of Latin/Greek. Dutch and English are obligated.

You get the idea Tongue

07-04-2013, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 11:30 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(07-04-2013 11:24 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Are you talking about public school or private school or both?

I'm not sure about the public schools here but private schools here have pretty much the same curriculum.
(07-04-2013 11:25 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 06:49 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 11:01 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  I get 6 different languages on my school :/

Really? Where do you go to school Gfish?

Well, that's pretty much top tier high school in the Netherlands. In the first year, you start off with Dutch, English, French and Latin. Next year (where I am now), you'll get German and ancient Greek on top of that. You'll have to survive that until the fourth year, where you have to keep one of German/French and one of Latin/Greek. Dutch and English are obligated.

You get the idea Tongue

Are the classes efficient? Do you actually become fluent?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
07-05-2013, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 04:00 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
(07-03-2013 10:04 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Well, at first i thought erenan might but apparently he isn't one

Nah. I've tried dabbling in Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Esperanto, Ido, and Solresol, but I don't actually have any solid speaking ability in anything but English. I learn some words and phrases and then forget all but a few of them. I can kind of speak Spanish, since my in-laws are Honduran and so I can practice with them, but other than that it is pretty strictly English for me.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2013, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 08:04 PM by Eijolend.)
I speak German, or at least that strange variant of it we speak in Austria Wink, and I'm also quite proficient in English, which is a good thing because I need it for my studies at university.

I learned Latin in school, but that's not really a language you speak - although it often helps understanding bits from other romanic languages.

I don't think my knowledge in Italian and French are sufficient for more than booking a room or ordering something at a restaurant.

I plan to learn a bit of Hungarian in the future, since my parents have a holiday home there, which is kinda hard because there's nearly nothing Hungarian has in common with other European languages.
-------
I'm always impressed with people that speak many languages, though.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM
I only know English and Cantonese fluently, but my Korean is getting there (reading and writing is decent, but speaking with natives is difficult since they talk so quickly!). I learned Spanish and Mandarin in high school but I haven't used either of them for 3 or 4 years now so I've forgotten most of what I once knew.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
07-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I know English, A little bit of Spanish, Java, a little bit of python and ruby, and c++ Big Grin
07-08-2013, 02:31 AM
(07-08-2013 02:15 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  I know ... Java, a little bit of python and ruby, and c++ Big Grin

Har har har!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]