Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America vs Eurasia Team Match: A Tale of Mobis and Meta-Game
06-30-2013, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 02:21 AM by GreatGonzales.)
America vs Eurasia Team Match: A Tale of Mobis and Meta-Game
The Team America vs Team Eurasia match has concluded, with Team America coming away victorious! Congratulations everyone to a very well-played game. Here is the replay:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YroLkAww

This was very probably the most thoroughly analyzed Outwitters match in the history of the game. Is it the most well-played? Well, maybe, though that's tougher to say - but both teams were comprised of some of the top players of this game. Each team had a private forum with which to deliberate strategy. Now that the game is over, I invite everyone to view those forums to see what was going through our heads! These forums should prove to be a valuable training resource, as it is rare to find Super-Titan level analysis in such a detailed way.

To access the private forums, please use these passwords:

America: WahKapooie7
Eurasia: TempleRun41

Note: As of 7/3/2013 these passwords are no longer valid, as they have been changed in preparation for the rematch.

I'd like to share the roster of each team of principle contributing members (many people signed up, but for both teams only a core contingent actually participated):

Team America:
GreatGonzales
Gavin Wins
lawtai
TheGoldenGriffin
TheGreatErenan
.Memories.
TheGreatAnt

Team Eurasia:
Mag!cGuy
poweewee
Alvendor
Gf!sh
phineas94
Random Task
Torbreck
TheQwertiest
The Duck
awpertunity

I'm sure both sides would like to discuss the details of the game, so let's use this thread to do that. I think, in particular, Turn 7, Turn 10, Turn 21, Turn 22, and Turn 23 could be interesting to discuss.

This is a screen shot of the start of Team America's turn 22. We can do this like a puzzle for those who haven't viewed the replay yet:

[Image: JawLz9D.png]

America has 100% knowledge of Eurasia unit placements, and knows they have no wits banked. America further knows that Eurasia has at least 2 American wits unaccounted for (the soldier on right spawn). America has 7 wits to start this turn. What is America's best move, and why?

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: America vs Eurasia Team Match: A Tale of Mobis and Meta-Game
America is red and Eurasia is blue, for those that can't tell.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
06-30-2013, 05:28 AM
I don't think eurasia played so well to be honest. Of course we have done perfeft turns, when we were a lot to think, but some turns have been absolutely messed up because I had to play at the last moment since almost no one came up with his suggestion. I didn't feel really concerned by the game either because it was so slow, and the timeouts didn't help either.

So I give my leadership to someone else Wink

On the other hand, America did a very excellent job, congratz guys!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-30-2013, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 06:34 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
Hahaha. GreatGonzales you are good as a commentator. It was a great match full of good moves by both sides. It's a shame I just got informed about this since turn #22. Good game
What and when is the next map?

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I went to their forum but only one of their threads were marked unread even though i never visited there before

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-30-2013, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 08:13 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I've just read a bit through your forum, and it had indeed nothing to do with us: you have round 30 posts per turn whereas we've had 6 pages for all the game. We thought way less than you, which is due to inactivity : we couldn't win, you've been much more professional! So, very very well done! Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-30-2013, 08:23 AM
i also looked into the team america forum.. wow. xD
the first thing i tried to look for was a mobi kill celebration on the early part of the game. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
06-30-2013, 08:23 AM
(06-30-2013 08:02 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I've just read a bit through your forum, and it had indeed nothing to do with us: you have round 30 posts per turn whereas we've had 6 pages for all the game. We thought way less than you, which is due to inactivity : we couldn't win, you've been much more professional! So, very very well done! Smile

That's true. When I got in to our threads for 1st time I got excited because of the way TheGreatGonzales was showing the match and all people giving opinions per round.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2013, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 09:14 AM by GreatGonzales.)
Yes I saw how Eurasia was organizing itself early on (because I have access to that forum, but I never cheated - promise), and I thought about suggesting to Mag!c that they organize their turns by individual threads. If we do a rematch, I suggest using that format! Makes it easier to keep track of the game.

Speaking of a rematch, I see there is some interest in putting that together. I'm down, if there is enough interest. Definitely agree with Mag!c that Americas higher level of participation (almost double Eurasia's according to post count) played an important role in our victory. Hopefully we can get more equal participation next time!
A few shout outs:

Gavin Wins - he was an invaluable member of the team. Very often the chief architect of our strategy, yet always gracious about receiving feedback. A very efficient communicator. We probably couldn't have done this without him.

Lawtai - Very active participant and did a great job keeping us organized, especially with regard to tracking Eurasia's wit count.

TheGoldenGriffin - Another very active participant - stuck with us until the very end, and was also (along with lawtai) the one who originally suggested the strategy on turn 22 that ultimately won us the game.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
A rematch would be great! It'd be interesting to see how it'd play out with different teams too instead of just adorables vs adorables.