Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
sniper can't shoot 3 spaces
07-10-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: sniper can't shoot 3 spaces
(07-10-2012 06:44 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I forget, do the tutorial pop-up boxes at the beginning have text, and only text? If they can have pictures, then I think a pop-up box with some pictures of what barrier shots can and can't work would go a long way toward easing confusion, and/or have it in the "Characters" section of the Help area.

They do have animations for things like conquering Wit Spaces, moving, fog of war and such things. Since this is a Sniper specific 'problem' it would be suited much better in the Help section if one would like to make such an exception (all the other units have one small paragraph of text to describe their function, no pictures).

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
The reason why the "bullets" can curve a bit is because it is a hexagonal map. I love hexagons.
Also would it make sense if the scalli sniper was "shooting", it makes even more sense with him

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Wait. Can are bombshells affected by blind spots too?

If they are, i don't think they should be. Their artillery, not snipers. Artillery shoots over stuff, snipers shoot at it.
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
(07-10-2012 09:42 AM)N135 Wrote:  Wait. Can are bombshells affected by blind spots too?

If they are, i don't think they should be. Their artillery, not snipers. Artillery shoots over stuff, snipers shoot at it.

Nothing can shoot over enemies or objects.
07-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Hmm. I think bombshell should be an exception, but that's just my opinion.
03-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Someone explain this: the sniper is should be able to hit the base because snipers could shoot over empty spaces.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-27-2013, 05:17 AM
That's interesting.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
03-27-2013, 05:19 AM
(03-27-2013 05:14 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Someone explain this: the sniper is should be able to hit the base because snipers could shoot over empty spaces.

I agree the sniper should be able to hit the base from this position.
Itis very similar ti the spot on the northern shore between the bases on shark food island.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
(03-27-2013 05:14 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Someone explain this: the sniper is should be able to hit the base because snipers could shoot over empty spaces.

Good to know! Must be frustrating for you if that is a league match. Seems there is some inconsistency here....if OML does not want to be able to shoot across that barrier then they should put an obstacle there.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-27-2013, 05:37 AM
And just in case someone else wants to test SFI or Skullduggery (or however it's spelled..), don't. Because I just did and the ol' sniping bases over the gap still works there. I thought it might have been a fix in the update or something.. I don't know.. Confused

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]