Poll: Are you gonna exploit the Burnocaster?
No, I don't play 2v2
Yes, I'm a bad guy!
No, I can't do it, I'm too graceful!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
I'm almost sure I found a good way to destroy this rush. Invite "jesusfuentesh" and "palotO" Smile or shall I just publish the images?

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2013, 11:13 PM
I tried and failed. However it will all depend how the rushers respond to the antirush anyway. But in that rush the advantage will always be with who starts. It's a hard one

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
06-20-2013, 11:17 PM
If I didn't rly think about what was your plan I wouldn't have prevented you from doing it, it's a good counter Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
06-20-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 11:44 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Try this:
On turn 2, red spawns a runner and moves it as far away as possible to the top but next to the big hole, two spaces away from the wit space you take with your sniper.
On turn 4, yellow takes his wit space with a runner and moves heavy up
Then on turn 6, kill the mobied green sniper and spawn a scrambler so later red can try to scramble someone when they attack to kill the mobi

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-20-2013, 11:26 PM
(06-20-2013 11:17 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  If I didn't rly think about what was your plan I wouldn't have prevented you from doing it, it's a good counter Smile

Yeah.. Maybe. Thanks. With the mobi death just as I tried, and the base covered with the soldier I put, there should be a balance in the match or something. However, if the mobi teleports the green sniper one cell higher up, it should be a better rush if you know what I mean. Since the red soldier couldn't kill it.

Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
06-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Powee and I finally managed to really balance the game. It's not ended but no one has the advantage, burno and masterC have no special anymore Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Burno - what was your inspiration for developing this Machination strategy? Which players/games influenced you, etc. Or is this attack completely of your own design?
06-22-2013, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 12:15 AM by bobolynx.)
Mag!c show us the game!

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 10:28 AM by Szei.)
Sorry I kind of left everyone hanging but I've been away for the past few days. I'll upload screenshots when I have the time (hopefully tomorrow), but I'll just put it in words for now. Hope it isn't too hard to follow. The defense that's been working for me basically centers around diverting attention away from the center to delay the rush (by harassing a wit space) and always taking out the rushing team's sniper.

NOTE: I only have a good defense if P2 is Yellow/Blue. I haven't managed to solve this rush satisfactorily for P2 as Red/Green.

T1: Rush opening
T2: P2 must be blue or yellow (whichever one P1 isn't) and makes 2 runners. 1 runner should be in range to kill the enemy sniper after it gets mobied. The other runner should be in range to capture Green/Red's wit space after the sniper has been mobied off of it.
T3: Rush opening
T4: P4 mirror's P3's opening (gets out and moves up 2 soldiers to the center area while taking the wit space with a sniper).

T5: Rush opening (P1 mobis P3's sniper behind the heavy/soldier wall)
T6: P2 kills P3's sniper with a runner. P2 uses the other runner to capture P3's wit space which is unprotected now that the sniper has been mobied by P1. I also move forward the heavy to mirror P1's heavy position (it is in range to hit the base unless blocked by P1 or P3).
T7: P3 now only has 5 wits and two soldiers. P3's sniper was killed and his/her wit space is occupied by one of P2's runners. It is impossible for P3 to hit the base on this turn and s/he also has to worry about the captured wit space.
T8: Game diverges at this point depending on T7.

T9: If P3 didn't block the base then P1 has to worry about P2's heavy which can reach the base next turn if not defended.

This puts the defending team in a solid (and threatening) position.
06-23-2013, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 02:54 AM by burnodrod.)
(06-20-2013 11:51 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Powee and I finally managed to really balance the game. It's not ended but no one has the advantage, burno and masterC have no special anymore Smile

That's not really true! Smile
1) Maybe Mastercaster was a little bit drunk (as it happens with him) and didn't think he needed to protect the mobi. He could do it easily with a runner. Having mobi we'd still have advantage.
You lost 2 or 3 times before you have found this counter, so it'd be fair to give us 2-3 attempts as well. It is likely we simply made a mistake.

2) Not sure that you can call it the universal method since you (Poweewee) used Scrambler. So, you have to choose Feedback just in case of Burnocaster... and what if it's not? Or what if you get the wrong base (as you get randomly on of two bases). Then your partner has to pick up Feedback too? Smile And will it work? We didn't check.

3) The game isn't finished yet and what if you will not win? %)
(06-21-2013 12:06 AM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  Burno - what was your inspiration for developing this Machination strategy? Which players/games influenced you, etc. Or is this attack completely of your own design?

I think the idea is obvious - take predeployed sniper from where it's useless and put it where it's usefull. And protect it somehow Smile

I guess most people (STs) simply use common openings and don't want to think deeper and invent something new. I can tell the same about me and my parner! It's pretty rare I suggest him to try something new. Sometimes we try and often the idea turns out to be bad Smile I remember our stupid idea with 2 mobis... but it's a different story.
I'm sure there's so many things can be invented in openings... especially with Feedback and Bramby.... especially in 2v2...