Poll: Are you gonna exploit the Burnocaster?
No, I don't play 2v2
Yes, I'm a bad guy!
No, I can't do it, I'm too graceful!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
06-09-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 07:49 AM by Juslas.)
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
Mag!cGuy, how do you spawn medic if you don't move runner away?
Also that spawned runner is needed to kill runner blocking path! Therefore not spawning is not answer either. Also defending team chooses to ignore sniper at top - if there is no rush sniper gets killed by a runner.
Machination has been my favorite map, because you can win it with aggressive play. I knew that there was FTA, but teams do make mistakes and read partners play wrongly regularly, so winning against FTA was feasible.
Two Mans Left 2v2 Tournament lets teams to choose maps, me and Akkete choose Machination even as player 2 until 4th round. Then we choose Candy Core Mine, since that's the only map that FTA can be somewhat dealt. New maps were new then, therefore they were not an option. And 4th round on the teams you were facing are the best of the best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 02:49 PM by Juslas.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl9TgAww

This time defense knew that burnocaster was coming, they managed to deal the first bow but defense had no change at all to turn game around.
06-13-2013, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 04:44 AM by bobolynx.)
I want to try having p4 take all the wit squares instead, as their spawn is closer to danger square. Probably would have been better to have scallywags have wit squares, not adorbs.
I think we could have ignored topside sniper and banked more or spawned more.

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
06-13-2013, 05:25 AM
(06-13-2013 04:43 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  I want to try having p4 take all the wit squares instead, as their spawn is closer to danger square. Probably would have been better to have scallywags have wit squares, not adorbs.
I think we could have ignored topside sniper and banked more or spawned more.

If I ignored topside, I think juslas would have chose to mobi sniper the base and it would have lost us the game. If that's what you mean.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Can player 2 just make a runner in position on turn 2 to kill the sniper on turn 6?
06-13-2013, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 12:42 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
(06-13-2013 12:10 PM)FL4C Wrote:  Can player 2 just make a runner in position on turn 2 to kill the sniper on turn 6?

He's not in range.
P2 was red^^
If he made the runner on turn two, he wouldn't have had the soldier to kill the green soldier in the first place, red used all his wits on turn 2

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-13-2013, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2013 03:22 PM by Juslas.)
There is FTA on all maps, on tighter maps FTA shows faster. I have lost 105 league matches and won 346 till today. My stats are inaccurate, but less than 500 matches! During third season I've only played doubles, singles are no more than third of my total matches. There are doubles only teams,too. But it is rare to play against players with more than 1000 wins.
What I try to point out is that Outwitters is a new game, players and especially doubles teams are inexperienced and same goes to OneManLeft, too.
To me Machination has been a favorite, since I can do mobi sniper attack from spawn. It just feels good! My play style has no early specials, until burnodrod and mastercaster showed me and Akkete what turn 2 specials and FTA meant! And it is not just Machination!
-----
Doodat and bobolynx did a great job defending opening they knew was coming, but mustapuna and I had total control of the playfield all the time. Patiently extending unit count advantage - and we had a special on top of that! And there was this ongoing threat that mobi sniper can hit base! Defense managed to surprise me twice, which was great, too.
06-13-2013, 04:25 PM
(06-13-2013 12:15 PM)Doodat Wrote:  
(06-13-2013 12:10 PM)FL4C Wrote:  Can player 2 just make a runner in position on turn 2 to kill the sniper on turn 6?

He's not in range.
P2 was red^^
If he made the runner on turn two, he wouldn't have had the soldier to kill the green soldier in the first place, red used all his wits on turn 2

I couldn't load your replay so I didn't mean in your game. I was talking about in general couldn't you kill the sniper with a runner on turn 6 that was set up in range on turn 2? Maybe it wouldn't stop the rush completely but player 3 losing the sniper would hurt.
06-18-2013, 04:36 AM
We didn't win because I've been dumb on one turn, but we resisted the first rush:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5PXfAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-18-2013, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 04:47 AM by Szei.)
I have an easy way to shut it down. Message me if you want to see it.
(06-18-2013 04:36 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  We didn't win because I've been dumb on one turn, but we resisted the first rush:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5PXfAww

This defense it situational/a gamble. You still would have lost if they had opened with the more aggressive mobi position.

The defense I have only works if p2 is the one with the heavy, but it is guaranteed to hold off the first rush regardless of whether p1 uses the aggressive or more passive mobi positioning.