Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scallywags Strategy
06-12-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Scallywags Strategy
Easy. pull all the units out of the range of that BS. Surely he can't kill that BS without paying a price but he really don't need to: that BS is still far from base or wits or spawn points. Surely you could control that area of the map, but that won't benefit you much if he didn't do the 4 for 2 trade.
The really turn point of the game is in the final push, he let his shark die too easy, and when he found your bs position he only got one sniper left that can attack. Even if you've lead so much he might still be able to defend it without those two mistakes.
BS surely is powerful, but in most of the case only when you've lead a lot will you be able to be offensive, and that still won't necessarily be fatal. (By fatal i mean, imagine when playing adorable, you find a hole in the oppo's defense and rush the base with mobi sniper. ) Its advantage is as outstanding as its shortage. It's surely efficient in defense, but with low mobility it's too predictable and hard to be offensive.

Again I won't deny its power. But to compare with other race, it's hard to say who's better.

(06-12-2013 02:06 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  The first problem fir him was this series of turns where tor and I made soldiers trade: he spent 4 wits to kill my soldier whereas I always spent two. ^^

What do you mean terence? Once my attack was done and my bs set up there, it was kinda over Smile he could have killed it but my other units could do what they wanted then! Or you mean, before the attack?

This is why I think Bs is extremely powerful. It's often more wit efficient than the mobi, and if he is well managed it gives you a great map control. Here I wonder how torbreck could have killed my bs if he didn't plan a big mobi-snipe attack which would maybe suicide all his units in front of my soldiers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Hey hey my aim is not to prove BS is better, my aim is to prove mobi and BS are kinda equal! The advantages of one are the disadvantages of the other, and conversly, it seems. Yeah he really did errors, but don't you think it's the same evertyime? Your opponent allows you to mobi snipe a lonely unit because he did an error, etc. Apart from powee, alvendor and terence, no one plays perfectly each turn ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-12-2013, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 05:00 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
I'd disagree with you statement.

"Your opponent allows you to mobi snipe a lonely unit because he did an error, etc. Apart from powee, alvendor and terence, no one plays perfectly each turn ^^"

The thing about Scallywags is that a bombshell is predictable, static and can not move.

The thing about Adorables is that the mobi is so versatile that your opponent isn't necessarily "allowing" you to use that mobi, but there's situations where the opponent literally can not defend against every move the mobi makes because it is so mobile.

For instance, Terence DID lose on maps like Long Nine and War Garden, where it is difficult to build up more than a 1-unit wall on the base. It's very hard to defend against a mobi-sniper attack in those situations, not because you are "allowing" them to snipe you, but because the mobi is so versatile.

It's also in theory much easier to defend against something static than something with multiple potential next moves like a mobi. A mobi can not only teleport any unit, but can move itself. The BS? You know where that sucker is and it ain't going anywhere fast.

It's why, I honestly default to not spawning bombshells on most maps against Adorables, since 4 HP soldiers are so versatile, but BSes are too static.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4