Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
06-05-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
I can smell the fire. Lets do some analysis here, I will say A/S/F are pretty close to balance. However, I am sure S>F, I think most of players, especially mastercaster will agree.

S>A? it maybe true, at least I can be top 5 with my BB account, beat some of the great Adorable players. Some top players like me, his_daddy, cor13:4, P1noyboy...are using scallywag.

A>S? It maybe true as well. Top 200 players was occupied mainly by scallywag players, it switched to adorables now. It explains that wits+ mach helped adorable abit.

So, have fun and choose the race you like, suit your style...I maybe the veggienaut expertise a year laterBig Grin...

@magic, that is true, scallywag can be very aggressive, but a bit risky. Its required certain skill level to be succeed. It is really fun to play scallywag aggressively. I like the SvS game with poweewee on peekaboo.

iPro Clan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 04:24 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(06-05-2013 03:32 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  First I apologize again if I get your word wrong. As you may find I'm not a native English speaker.
But again, as I expected, you totally can't get the point, even with all the discussion above.
Let me make it simple.
1. What's wrong with " two bombshells at turn 13"? I never deny it, i'm just asking you what's wrong with it. Should I say why you spawn a mobi?
2. Even with all the facts that there are rarely players at top, you still think bs need nerf, not adorable, then I don't think "brainless" is a curse for you. BS need change, but NOT NERF.
3. I see no where before this last post that you admit the loss. The only thing you do is crying how op BS is and wasting time. You do have the right As I said, feel free to keep doing it.

1. Did I say it was absolutely wrong? Did I say you were unskilled so you did this to reach the top? Again, no! I say I don't like that kind of play. And, again, it´s my deepest right. Until that post where you bullied me, I never criticized you personnaly or whatever. It´s the gameplay that I don't like to play against, not the person in particular.
2. Brainless? Lol, debates with you are very constructive. Each time you don't agree with someone, you insult him? Good behavior man, keep it up! There must be a lot of brainless here in that case, because I'm far from being the only one having this point of view.
3. Crying? I did to terence in a game but it seems he understood that was that kind of little rage you get from a humiliating loss, and so didn't blame me for it. I also did in anonymous forum or sometimes in the public one, but that was months ago, or maybe less I don't care, but mind can change from months to months or simply because you stopped to be subjective and tried to really analyse the problem.. Did I whine here? Nope, you're taking ancient facts simply to show I'm an useless complainer. Sorry it´s not the case anymore, change of argument. And, I don't really understand the point of reconizing the loss? I did once I gave up, and didn't say "you don't deserve to win bla bla".

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-05-2013, 04:05 AM
(06-04-2013 01:57 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 11:19 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  is there any top tier veggies players? or is that team non existant in ST?

you're in a clan with Ser Purple Wolf, I think he was ST at one point. Idk if he even play anymore though :/

and BS is easy to "Fix": Give it a minimum range of 2 so things right next to it can't be targetted. can still splash, and doesn't fix multiple Bombshells, but still could be good

my other idea was to make them able to shell and fire in the same turn, but they can't unshell and shell in the same turn. That' leaves them vulnerable for a turn while they wait to be able to shell in their new position.

Hello!

I had a major "burnout" and let over 20+ games time out and quit playing for a while. I've slowly made a recovery, but with a twist. I don't really care about winning anymore and basically screw off most of my games.

I feel bad because I'm currently gifted [for the 20+ game thing] and did this to this guy.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzvvbAww

He sent me a nice mean worded paragraph about quitting outwitters because he couldn't win anymore and it made me realize I am a whiny child. Tongue

I still play all races for S and G's. I firmly believe that adorables need a small nerf or other races need a small buff. It's waaaaay too easy to win with adorables on a two spawn map.

Anyways, since I'm on a rant, might as well continue with race balance ideas.

Mobi:
> Cannot move a unit that has already moved that turn

Scally:
> BS can crawl one space while shelled. cannot shoot after crawling.
Somewhere Unrelated:
> BS can't splash base O____o

Brainy: [just ideas; don't crucify]
> two attack range
OR
> keep full health
OR
> four movement
AND
>Unit cannot react the turn of being brain washed
OR
>Do nothing and work with others

Veggie:
> Keep current and remove wit per kill on branches
OR
> Maybe boost prickle damage to two?
OR
> One damage returned to attacking entity

New Veggie:
> Can root/uproot/re-root/whatever at no cost
> Keeps four range when rooted
> Can Spawn ONE thorn with [3 or 4] health per turn
> Thorn is separate entity and bramble can uproot without removing
>> Thorns have no range and cannot spawn more thorns
> No attack

New (scouting) Veggie: Just a screwball idea Tongue
> four range when rooted
> Thorns have one health and four range. no attack
>> no parent/child rule. can't go through (under) holes.

Take this with a grain of salt. I'll be around Wink

Yours Truly,
SPW [never been ST]

GC: Great Wolf Sif
06-05-2013, 05:28 AM
I think this argument is pointless. Mag!cGuy is just saying he doesn't like turtlers -> This does not mean he doesn't respect the strategy. His_Daddy feels like there is no difference in not liking turtlers and disrespect. That's it. Balance is not a huge issue (although vegs could be buffed) and <- that is TOTALLY unrelated to the argument. I still don't understand why there is an argument in the first place. The only reason Adorables is used so much is because its versatility allows it to take on several play styles. Scallywags almost have to turtle, if that's the playstyle that is appealing to the player, let it be. Feedback adds a lot more spice with the Scambler, it can be used more defensively and offensively and is similar to the mobi in that it can "teleport" a unit by scrambling it; however, the difference is that in an attack, scrambler gains a unit advantage but is limited in which unit to take, while the mobi can use any unit and bring it to the front. In a defense, mobi can transport units quickly, but scramblers have the ability to swing a defensive fight in the favor of the defender. With veggies, I think the only viable way to use the bramble is harass while still building a unit advantage.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-05-2013, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 06:01 AM by Szei.)
Before I begin, I would like to say, if you play Scallywags, Feedback, or Veggienauts at a Super-Titan level, please share your replays! As Terence said, it is healthy for the game to have a good mix of teams at the top level of competition lest the game devolve into a 1 team game with significantly less variety as a result. Currently it is discouraging for upcoming players who don't play Adorables as Adorables are the team of choice for ST players. Hopefully if people share high-level games with other teams upcoming players will hopefully be motivated to continue with non-Adorables teams instead of just switching to Adorables.

(06-05-2013 03:33 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  I can smell the fire. Lets do some analysis here, I will say A/S/F are pretty close to balance. However, I am sure S>F, I think most of players, especially mastercaster will agree.

SvF
I've always felt that SvF was S favored, but I don't think it's good to just say something like this without providing anything to back it up. The problem is that Adorables are extremely over-represented in ST so we don't see enough SvF. Again, I've always felt that F was disadvantaged in SvF but I think we need more Scallywags playing at the ST level in the first place before we can be absolutely certain.

SvA
I have seen very few high level games where bombshells play much of a role in a Scallywag winning. By contrast, mobis are often used to take out a Scallywag player. This doesn't necessarily mean that AvS is A favored, but it certainly looks like it. The only reason I don't say that AvS is definitely A favored despite the overwhelming evidence on OSN and the top ranks where A is far more prevalent at the high level is due to the following; It is possible that there is a looping effect preventing Scallywags from reaching their potential compared to Adorables. That is,

1. Adorables are dominant in ST
2. New STs see this and switch to Adorables
3. More Adorables are in ST and consequently more Adorables strategies and experience with Adorables increase more rapidly than the other teams
4. Go back to 1 (Adorables are dominant in ST). Rinse and repeat.

It is clear that Adorables are the dominant team in ST, but it is possible that Scallywags and Feedback have hidden potential and that more people need to play these teams to uncover it. Basically, it's *possible* that Adorables aren't overpowered despite the evidence to the contrary.
06-05-2013, 06:02 AM
I will try. That means, no more adorables in league games. I launched a battle being scallies on sweet tooth, got against white dragon, who is an adorable fan, and I don't feel comfortable. I feel something's missing. Tongue This battle is gonna be interesting, and I'll see if there is unbalance or not by myself, but on the other side Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-05-2013, 06:10 AM
That's what I like to hear =)

It's good to experience things from all sides before coming to a conclusion.
06-05-2013, 06:53 AM
The only solution is to integrate all four teams into a single Salvador Dali-esque team and force everyone to use it. The special would be a Mobi that spits out Brambles whose roots can grow Bombshells that launch Scramblers.

Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 07:02 AM
(06-05-2013 06:53 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  The only solution is to integrate all four teams into a single Salvador Dali-esque team and force everyone to use it. The special would be a Mobi that spits out Brambles whose roots can grow Bombshells that launch Scramblers.

The only logical option here. OML, please deliver.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
06-05-2013, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 07:41 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Daddy, it's over now. I thought you were gonna end it, I thought "hey maybe I argue too much", but no, you really go on bullying on me. You needed a punching ball, but now you are getting really annoying cuz you don't seem to understand it's not the place to fight, insult and denigrate someone else. Stop it, really, stop it, that thread was better without you.
I never criticized you really apart from your unabolity to debate but you don't stop to do it and saying you're better than me (you're seriously givin the ratio of three batles only separated by two months each? Is that a joke?) and I have no brain and my opinion is trash etc, we aren't in primary school, really, be quiet, If you don't know how to discuss, don't do it. Doodat ended the discussion well, couldn't you let him have the final word.

Erenan: awesome idea x) I imagine a combo, like bs yieldind scrambler who scramble bs who yield scrambler etc Tongue

Edit: lol he strangely reposted, so that's for next "post".

By the way, where did I say in a serious way that bombshell was overpowered recently? Where did I say everyone has to think like me cuz I'm high ranked? Nowhere. What did I say? "I hate turtling". "That kind of player". Wow, gosh. Yiu're arguing with yourself, you invent my thoughts to counter them, awesome. Nah seriously I've never seen someone pissing me off so much for absolutely nothing, congratz man.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)