Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
06-04-2013, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 02:49 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
This is so broken! Although I've never encountered this situation before on Sweetie Plains, I'm playing a game against His_Daddy where we turtled, he pushed and then I counter-attacked to get his base to 2. Except now, he just keeps spawning bombshells. Literally, that's all he's spawning.

It's gotten to the point where I've moved up my own bombshells to threaten all but the actual spawn hexes with splash, but he still has wall to wall bombshells for every other hex (at least 7, not including the 4 or so I've killed).

Has anybody else encountered SvS issues on this map?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 02:50 AM
RE: Sweetie Plains SvS
No because his daddy is the only turtler who got to reach the top, that's bad luck for you. There's nothing to do against that kind of player (you seemingly didn't help to make this battle active either), just give up or turtle and next time don't turtle yourself. Wink

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
06-04-2013, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 03:00 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
RE: Sweetie Plains SvS Broken!
Well, I tried to push initially, but he did an early bombshell on the side that everybody pushes on, so I had to retreat and defend my weak side with a bombshell. I wasn't exactly blaming him for turtling, I was more saying that SvS can be pretty broken sometimes.

In any case, I'm not giving up =)

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
06-04-2013, 03:03 AM
When you get to 10 bombshells each, your iPad blows up. Honest.

Everything Changes
06-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Then I owe that man a new iPad

06-04-2013, 03:12 AM
If he's defending too well on that side, don't hesitate to move and attack the middle, where all his units are useless. That's what I did against terence Smile

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm trying to push the middle, but once I got through one wall of bombshells, he had moved 3 more and shelled them...one on the middle spawn, and two next to it.

But...it's a challenge, it'll be fun whether I win or lose.

06-04-2013, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 03:16 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I meant, at the beginning, when he has set up only one bombshell Smile
I know you didn't criticize turtling, but I do, cuz I hate that Tongue He always gets out many bombshells quickly, so either switch race (which is what I advice you if you want to have more fun in this game) of prepare very early rushes, which is sometimes not possible.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

06-04-2013, 05:55 AM
On sweetie plains, I think one of the best strategies is to start attacking toward the side wit ASAP (as early as turn 3 or 4). Just keep pumping out units and attacking from your strong side. If you did that, a bombshell would be more difficult to setup and defend. On sweetie plains, I find feedback to be more effective at defense.
06-04-2013, 07:48 AM
To Cor13:4. You almost got this game. Actually if i were you i could finish it at one round before when you just pushed. Don't blame me for this defending, as you said you did that first. While I could turtle from the beginning like what I'm doing now, but I pushed anyway even it results in losing the game.
And here is an advice for "players like" MagicGuy. Don't judge turtle as if any fool can use it,
you are welcome to use S against me and I'll let you know what does that mean. It's just a strategy come out with the feature of this race. And as the "only top turtler", I can tell you how i hate long game though sometimes I don't have another choice.
I understand how mad you are when you found your little poor mind couldn't come up with a solution. If your way of showing your madness and helpless is putting me wait 4 days for one turn, feel free to keep doing it, as if it would help.
I'll just put it this way: up to now you are the only "top" player i've met, that make me feel so comfortable to put the first two bs without worrying about what you are doing. There are tons of STs knows how to suppress S from spawning bs, but you definitely are not one of them.
Finally, sorry if I disrupt the harmony here or hurt someone's little feeling. That's what I usually do when some fool talking nonsense behind me.
To Alex: I know you guys don't have plan updating the game or change the S race. But whenever you want to, I would be more than willing to help. Though I haven't post anything on this forum before, I still love this game as everyone here do.