Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTS titles for iOS?
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM
RTS titles for iOS?
Does anyone know if there are some good RTS titles available for iOS? It seems like pretty much any multiplayer games are either MMORPGs (yuck) or TBS, but i feel like trying something different.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 12:29 AM
RE: RTS titles for iOS?
Mushroom Wars and Tentacle Wars are both iOS rts multiplayer capable, both very simple rts games.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
06-04-2013, 12:33 AM
+1 Mushroom Wars, that game is fun!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
06-04-2013, 05:43 AM
It WAS fun until it wanted me to buy the rest of the game

I got Tentacle Wars but i thought it was a bad game. Then got Mushroom Wars and i was like "wow i love this game" and then i realized it was basically the same as Tentacle Wars. But i still think Mushroom Wars is much much better

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
You can still play online multiplayer (which is better than the campaign IMO) without buying the game.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM
check out Galcon.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
06-05-2013, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 05:06 AM by Szei.)
Autumn Dynasty is easily the most polished RTS on iOS with the touch interface in mind. The only problem is that there is no online community as far as I'm aware. If we could get some people together though to play it it has a lot of potential. It does have a reasonably lengthy campaign as well as AI skirmishes to keep you entertained for a while though.

Blue Libra 2 is a good Galcon-esque multiplayer RTS with quite a bit more complexity than Galcon (different ship types, you can upgrade planets, and in single player there is a tech tree). Again, though, I'm not sure about the player-base. It's a shame that only the most casual RTS (Mushroom Wars) is the one with a strong player-base.

Mushroom Wars would be good except there is no way to choose to play 1v1/2v2 etc. It's all random and many times you play FFA. Instead it's a really casual experience so if that's what you're looking for, great. If you want a competitive game though you should give it a pass. Also Mushroom Wars is one of those "iAP games" whereas Autumn Dynasty and Blue Libra 2 are nice "premium games".
06-05-2013, 05:11 AM
For completeness sake, there is also Auralux, which appears to be another game in the vein of Galcon.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Does Plants War count?

06-20-2013, 11:18 AM
(06-04-2013 12:32 PM)Doodat Wrote:  You can still play online multiplayer (which is better than the campaign IMO) without buying the game.

There is no multiplayer