Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn
(09-11-2012 05:38 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  In this post I use the term "perfect" as in the best you can play given the vision you have. Not perfect as in "I use a map hack and can now play perfectly".

Joggies example it is fairly close to a full-blown proof. Granted, to completely prove if player 1 has an advantage if both players play perfectly you probably need to solve the complete game and that is pretty unlikely (harder to do than chess?).

Somehow related to your post is a thread I started way back when about the difficulty of creating an AI for Outwitters which demonstrates the difficulty of establishing 'prefect play' in Outwitters.

After skimming through the last page, I would like to summarize the different factors that go into FTA:
  • Perfect knowledge of P2's unit placement
  • Opportunity to lead in unit count
  • Opportunity to move first (initiative)
By passing as P1, you effectively give all these advantages to P2 and get 5 Wits in return. I agree with Joggles and stipulate that having 5 additional Wits is not equally important to having these three advantages.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA and 2(3) actions on first turn - Kamikaze28 - 09-12-2012 07:48 PM